Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Redsfest 2010

Re: Redsfest 2010

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Pedro Borbon will not be abale to make it now according to the Reds twitter page.

@onbasemachine Unfortunately Pedro will not be able to make #Redsfest now.

http://twitter.com/CincinnatiReds

They couldn't find a hat for him to bite?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pedro Borbon will not be able to make it now according to the Reds twitter page.

@onbasemachine Unfortunately Pedro will not be able to make #Redsfest now.

Well that sucks.....throws a whole monkey wrench in my plans!!!

Paul O'Neill!

We've just confirmed that Paul O'Neill will appear at a couple of sessions Saturday at #Redsfest

I miss Adam Dunn.

Paul O'Neill!

We've just confirmed that Paul O'Neill will appear at a couple of sessions Saturday at #Redsfest

YES!!!!!

Do they know which day Paul O'Neill will be at, or does it appear he will be there both Friday and Saturday?

Do we know anything about the times that the players are going to be signing yet or when they are announced or do we have to wait until we actually get there to find that out?

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    Do we know anything about the times that the players are going to be signing yet or when they are announced or do we have to wait until we actually get there to find that out?
    You have to wait until you get there. They announce about an hour ahead of time.

O'Neill will be there Saturday only.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

YES!!!!!

Do they know which day Paul O'Neill will be at, or does it appear he will be there both Friday and Saturday?
    I don't wanna burst your bubble but if you plan on making the long drive from Bowling Green to Cincy just to meet O'Neil then I wouldn't do it. I was at RedsFest last year and I did get autographs from Joe Oliver and Tom Browning but that was it after standing in line for many hours. The lines were very long and the players only stay so long.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Well I am making the drive from Bowling Green on Saturday with my wife. She has never been to anything like this before. I have been to Redsfest twice before. I have that Faces of Riverfront poster that I have signed by over half the guys on it and well I don't want to pass up the opportunity to get O'Neill and Carroll to sign it. That was why I was also so disappointed to see that Borbon was no longer coming, those are the only guys that are going to be there that I need on the poster. I was hoping there would be a few more I needed, but with the people that I still need, I will take them when I can get them. Plus it will be very neat for my wife to see all of this firsthand.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

In case anyone wants to come say hi to me on Saturday afternoon/evening, I will be helping at the Reds Heads sign up booth for my volunteer shift. I think it will be fun and I can't wait to watch the kids play on everything in the kids area. They usually crack me up trying all the games, LOL

BTW-Aroldis is scheduled for both a photo booth and autograph line on Friday so be prepared to find him there and wait in line. Got a sneak peek at the player lists tonight after my volunteer training. It should be a fun Friday!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

The Chapman autograph lines are probably going to be insane. I remember two years ago when Cueto and Volquez were the tough ones to get, along with Bruce and Votto. Last year it was Larkin, and this year it will be Chapman.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Well, I will be going on Saturday only. Hopefully the lines for O'Neill and Carroll won't be that long, and hopefully those two aren't the very first guys so that we will have time to get in the door. I suspect that I will be able to get Carroll's fairly easily but O'Neill's line will probably be one of the longer lines of the day, especially for those that are former players. Somewhat similar to Eric Davis probably. Don't you all think? I could be mistaken.

Also, one more thing, I know that the last year that I went, which was a few years ago, there were some 'surprise' guys that showed up and signed autographs that weren't announced. I wonder if the Reds or anybody is planning on that this time around? I know that Griffey, Jr. and I believe Larkin has done this in the past. Now I don't expect that out of Griffey anymore since he doesn't play here any longer, but do you all think that someone may possibly do this again, or is it highly unlikely and what they have listed is what is set....

Well, I will be going on Saturday only. Hopefully the lines for O'Neill and Carroll won't be that long, and hopefully those two aren't the very first guys so that we will have time to get in the door. I suspect that I will be able to get Carroll's fairly easily but O'Neill's line will probably be one of the longer lines of the day, especially for those that are former players. Somewhat similar to Eric Davis probably. Don't you all think? I could be mistaken.
    My advice is take someone with you and stand in seperate lines for the 2 players you want autographs from. If you only have the one item to be signed then once you get the item autographed go find your spouse/friend who is already standing in line for the other person and hand them the item to be autographed by the second player. If it is anything like last year you will be lucky to even get one item signed but having two people trying to accomplish the task will double your chances.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

IIRC from the schedule that I got last night (and of course don't have with me at work right now to check for sure), the former players are mainly signing in the Hall of Fame area so you may not have to worry about overlapping lines. Check your Redsfest map/info thing that you get when you walk in the door tomorrow and find out times so you can plan ahead. It seems like the other autograph and photo lines are mainly being used for the current players and staff and the former players are all in the HOF area.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

I forget, but will they release the times for the players autographs for both days on Friday, or do they do it separately for each day? If they release them both on Friday, could someone post them here?

Also, do you think anyone else will be added on?

Turn Off Ads?