Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Redsfest 2010

Re: Redsfest 2010

I have a 2-Day Pass that a friend gave me, but I'm unable to go this year. Would someone like it? I have it at my office in Spring Grove Village (formerly Winton Place - Mitchell Ave exit of I-75).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I have a 2-Day Pass that a friend gave me, but I'm unable to go this year. Would someone like it? I have it at my office in Spring Grove Village (formerly Winton Place - Mitchell Ave exit of I-75).
    edit: This is still available. A friend of mine with an extra ticket just got a hold of me.
    Last edited by camisadelgolf; 12-03-2010 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Hey, I'd love to pick up that pass, but I won't be off work until 5:00.

edit:
    Oops. I got so excited that i forgot to make it a PM.
    Gone to the first requester!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Bookstore

The 2-day pass is available again. Cam had a friend contact him with a ticket. Any takers? Free to a good home!

The Baseball Bookstore

Where do you think the best place to park is?

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post

There's a few parking garages right around the Convention Center. Not sure how much they are. If you only want to pay $5 and don't mind a bit of a walk, you can park under Fountain Square or under the Westin. But there may be garages nearby for the same amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Public transportation is the way to go imho.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Public transportation is the way to go imho.

That's what I'm doing.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    The two Federated garages are generally affordable. The one, which I use less, is right across from the cathedral and is just a couple of blocks from the Convention Center. Access from 7th Street. The other is further down 7th at Vine St (where Skyline is). There's an entrance on 7th and one of Vine. That's a little further, but not terribly far.

The Baseball Bookstore

I was looking at the Live Twitter feed and didn't see Clay Carroll there tonight. Was he there at all? If not, does he plan on being there tomorrow, or does anybody know?

Couple of questions. I usually get off at 5th street should I get off before that for parking? And 2nd I will have a 3 year old with me will he have fun or is it all just stand in autograph lines? Just curious this will be my first Redsfest.

So guys how was it for the first night? I will be driving up tomorrow from Bowling Green. Hope it was a blast tonight and hopefully tomorrow will be a blast as well.

And kbrake, the parking questions I had asked above and I believe the best places to park are mentioned above and for those I believe the best place to get off would still be the 5th Street exit. And your second question about your 3 year old, there is tons more to do there than just get autographs and even though I haven't been in a couple of years they will still have plenty for all ages to do there. He should have a blast!!!!

Thanks crazybob I'm really looking forward to it. I'm just hoping the 3 year old enjoys it. He's excited to see Joey Votto and Jay Bruce but he's 3 so might as well be hyped for Santa at this point haha.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I get off at 5th and park in the garages right next to Duke Energy center which was $10 for the whole night tonight. It's convenient and you can take the skywalk right into the center.

I had a total blast tonight! I could write a book but I'll spare you the long winded ramble and just give you some highlights. This may turn into a book anyway though so consider this a warning, LOL

*They opened the doors a half hour early tonight so if you get there before 11 am tomorrow, you may get in with a little time to spare to get your bearings. I don't think they've done that in the past.

*Hung out a bit with Jamie Ramsey and his crew which was awesome. My Better Off Red sign is hanging on his back wall and if you check out one of his earlier blog posts you'll see a photo of me holding the sign and I'm happy that I don't look totally dorky in it, LOL Also met up with some friends tonight and hung out with them during the on stage celebration and throughout the evening.

*Got a photo with Jeff Brantley, Chris Welsh (who remembered that I teased him about not having a mustache last year, LOL), and Thom Brennaman and they were all awesome. Thankfully this year they're using black backgrounds for all the photos so folks wearing red don't become floating heads.

*Waited in line for a photo with Mike Leake and Bronson and that photo just about makes my life. It turned out REALLY well! I've been trying to get a photo with Bronson for four years and FINALLY, it was my time!

*Also got a photo with Logan Ondrusek and Chris Heisey who are really nice guys. Very smiley, very friendly, and in great spirits. Logan is VERY tall. Holy crap, he towered over me!

*Celebration on the stage was great. The fireworks scared the crap out of me though, LOL The crowd was electric and you can tell everyone still wants to celebrate our guys. The loudest cheers during the intros were for Aroldis, Brandon, Scott, Jay, Bronson, and Eric Davis although there were screams for just about everyone tonight.

*Awards: Reds Pitcher of Year-Bronson, Good Guy Award-Scott Rolen, Ernie MVP-Joey Votto, Minor League Pitcher-Donnie Joseph, Minor League Hitter-Dave Sappelt, Minor League Good Guy-Jeremy Horst, Minor League Player of Year-Devin Mesoraco

*We watched the Wiffle Ball HR Derby for a while which was totally hilarious! Matt Klinker lost his bat at one point and threw it into the netting (about six feet from hitting my head BTW). Some of the guys missed the ball altogether although a few got some good HRs. Randi Rico from Channel 5 (NBC here in Cincy) blew them all away though and ended being the first non minor leaguer to make the final round! She came in third overall though. Billy Hamilton won, Todd Frazier was second, Randy was third, and Zach Cozart was fourth. Fun event! First time I had ever gotten to see that event at Redsfest.

*The kids press conference was a hoot and we didn't even see the whole thing. One kid asked why Mike Leake's fave player wasn't Tony Gwynn growing up since he is from San Diego. Mike's answer was that he got lazy and then got fat which isn't the most PC answer but cracked up the crowd, LOL The other one that made me laugh was Logan's choice of a sport he might want to play if he couldn't play baseball. He chose football because he likes to hit people. Jeff Brantley was amazed his sport choice wasn't basketball since 'he's like twenty feet tall', LOL :

I volunteer for part of tomorrow afternoon but I'm sure I'll have more adventures to talk about from the festivities anyway. I won't be online much until Sunday though since I'm going out tomorrow night so I'll check in again when I get a chance. Hope everyone coming tomorrow has a great time!
    Last edited by HeatherC1212; 12-04-2010 at 12:20 AM.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Heather, thanks for sharing I can not wait for tomorrow. My first Redsfest.

Turn Off Ads?