Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redsfest 2010

Re: Redsfest 2010

My tickets arrived in the mail today!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Got a couple of questions for my fellow sundeckers who have been to Redsfest before. Im taking my son for the first time this year and was wondering if you had to pay for each autograph you get or is that included in the price of the ticket? Can you bring your own stuff for them to sign? Can you get stuff thier for them to sign? Is thier free stuff thier that they provide you with to sign? Just wondering how the whole process works. Thanks for any help.

kevinchaapel

The promoters of new Surrey-based festival, Redfest 2008, have cancelled this year's event.A Main Stage, Local Bands Stage, Acoustic Tent, camping, food and market stalls, late bars and DJ's.Redfest will give you the opportunity to discover some of the best up and coming local and national acts before they go stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    Got a couple of questions for my fellow sundeckers who have been to Redsfest before. Im taking my son for the first time this year and was wondering if you had to pay for each autograph you get or is that included in the price of the ticket? Can you bring your own stuff for them to sign? Can you get stuff thier for them to sign? Is thier free stuff thier that they provide you with to sign? Just wondering how the whole process works. Thanks for any help.
    I was wondering that as well. My wife and my dad are both going, and had been asking me the same things. I'd like to get a couple of balls signed, but I didn't know if I needed to bring my own, if that was something I could buy there, etc, and if I needed to bring extra cash for autographs

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    I was wondering that as well. My wife and my dad are both going, and had been asking me the same things. I'd like to get a couple of balls signed, but I didn't know if I needed to bring my own, if that was something I could buy there, etc, and if I needed to bring extra cash for autographs
    They have stuff to buy, or you can bring your own. Lines are long for the big names and the star players only sign so many autographs before they cut the line off. The line to get in is the worst. Hopefully since I have press credentials this year I won't have to worry about that.

I'm brining my boys down for the first time this year too. I'm thinking I may pick them each up a ball to get signed, but I'm a little concerned about the lines and how well the boys will hold up.

I saw they have "kid only" lines. Can I stand in those lines with my boys as long as I don't get any autographs?
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    They have stuff to buy, or you can bring your own. Lines are long for the big names and the star players only sign so many autographs before they cut the line off. The line to get in is the worst. Hopefully since I have press credentials this year I won't have to worry about that.
    I can tell you that your "press credentials" will raise a red flag very fast there, if you are trying to score too many autographs. I had credentials last year and was in the green room, doing radio ID's. A family came in and went über fan and started getting pics with Votto and signatures with Bruce, etc. They even went as far as making a plate from the buffet, and as soon as they sat down with full plates they kicked them out. This was a family of 4 with little kids too. They all had the same press credentials on that I did.

I don't mean to sound like a _____, just trying to give you a heads up.

I was listening to WLW on my way to work this morning and they were talking about "bracing for the snow" on Saturday. I know they were being somewhat sarcastic, but I'll be driving donw from Columbus and am wondering what I'll be getting into.

Are they just calling for flurries, or will there be significant accumulation? And when is it supposed to start?
    Sto Pro Veritate

They're calling for rain-to-sleet-to-snow Friday evening, around the time Redsfest is letting out. I haven't heard a lot about an accumulation, though.

Why can't I find a schedule of events? I assumed I could find it on the Reds website. It may be there somewhere but well hidden. Pathetic.

I went today and left after 2 hours because it was insanely crowded

They need to think about limiting the amount of people that they let in or look into finding a bigger venue for this thing

Because bumping into 8 people every 2 feet isn't my idea of fun

I left after 45 minutes. That's how long it took me just to walk around the room without stopping to look at anything. It was insanely crowded. The lines were crazy and it felt like it was 95 degrees in there. It's nice that there is so much interest but they do need to look for a bigger venue for next year.

So. Many. People.

At the end of it all, I got autographs from Gomes, Rolen, Votto, Janish, Hannigan, Fisher, and Baker. A good weekend overall, but it's a miracle nobody got hurt during the stampedes that followed the "announce the autograph sessions an hour ahead of time" setup.

Yeah, it would be really nice to have a schedule of who will be avaiable when, and where.

My boys had a great time, though, but my youngest didn't want to wait in huge lines so my older missed out on autographs. Got a couple of cool pictures, though.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Turn Off Ads?