Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Re-Sign Miller

-The Insider-

Reds Re-Sign Miller

Reds re-signed C Corky Miller to a minor league contract.
    Miller, who turns 35 in March, will also get an invite to spring training. He batted .243/.282/.392 with two homers and nine RBI in 74 at-bats with the Reds this past season. He'll likely only find his way back on the major league roster in the event of an injury.
    Via Rotoworld.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Re: Reds Re-Sign Miller

I like the Corkster. I think this is a good move, having Corky to work with the young guys can only help our Minor League pitchers. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a true professional in case of an injury.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Its a good move, Corky is great behind the dish and knows the game, can work well with the staff and other catchers. Also a great guy.
    Wow, lot of ads on here now huh??? Doesnt look good, too choppy against rest of page.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Is it just me or would anyone else like to see Corky be groomed as a possible manager someday? I think keeping Corky around is great for the organization.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

I'm glad to see him retained. Corky is good for the organization....a veteran minor-league mentor, a big league spare, maybe a future bullpen coach or ST instructor.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"
    2009 Attendance Record 1-2
    2010 Attendance Record 3-1
    2011 Attendance Record 2-0
    2012 Attendance Record 6-2

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Is it just me or would anyone else like to see Corky be groomed as a possible manager someday? I think keeping Corky around is great for the organization.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    First rule under Manager Corky...

Moustaches for everyone!
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

This ia a good sign, Corky can be a good mentor to Hanigan and Mesaraco.

Turn Off Ads?