Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State hoops 2010-11

Re: Ohio State hoops 2010-11

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Ohio State should move up to number 1 as Duke just lost to Florida State.
    Polls in basketball are largely irrelevant but it's still pretty sweet to be #1. Go Bucks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Watched the game on and off. Craft played like an upperclassman and Sullinger played like a freshman. He looked rattled and picked up some silly fouls (although Craft's foul of the 3 point shooter was awful). Lauderdale had completely disappeared this season and I am surprised. He even looks lost on the defensive end.

I love Lighty but man is that a god awful free throw shot. It is nice that he has the ability to be the trigger man on inbound passes because he is a poor FT shooter.

Not that it really means anything right now but it's always nice to be #1.

Go Bucks!!!

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Watched the game on and off. Craft played like an upperclassman and Sullinger played like a freshman. He looked rattled and picked up some silly fouls (although Craft's foul of the 3 point shooter was awful). Lauderdale had completely disappeared this season and I am surprised. He even looks lost on the defensive end.

I love Lighty but man is that a god awful free throw shot. It is nice that he has the ability to be the trigger man on inbound passes because he is a poor FT shooter.
    Sullinger had his worst game of the year, had trouble with the five men hanging on him every time he touched the ball But he more than made up for it with his PSU performance.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Not that it really means anything right now but it's always nice to be #1.

Go Bucks!!!
    First time they've been #1 in the AP poll since 1962, according to a Dispatch reporter's tweet. I had no idea it had been that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    First time they've been #1 in the AP poll since 1962, according to a Dispatch reporter's tweet. I had no idea it had been that long.
    I'm not sure that is right. They were #1 for parts of the 2007 season.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I'm not sure that is right. They were #1 for parts of the 2007 season.
    You're probably right. I see now that I read the tweet wrong. He said it was just the SECOND time since 1962.

This prolly speaks for itself..

YouTube - Party in the O-S-U
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Mr. Craft, you have been a welcome addition to this very good OSU basketball team but please never sing on camera EVER again!
    Matta = Really good

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Mr. Craft, you have been a welcome addition to this very good OSU basketball team but please never sing on camera EVER again!
    Needless to say, none of them knocked it out of the park with stunning vocals lol
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Ohio State has been tested today in Illinois.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

20-0
    Sullinger is a beast. Loved what I saw from the team yesterday. Bring on Purdue.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Purdue will be another tough game, but they have not been playing their best basketball either during this stretch. I watched them a little against MSU last night and both of those teams are good, but not elite. I kind of expected a loss yesterday, but once you get this far along undefeated, it is a matter of who and when, not if.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Purdue will be another tough game, but they have not been playing their best basketball either during this stretch. I watched them a little against MSU last night and both of those teams are good, but not elite. I kind of expected a loss yesterday, but once you get this far along undefeated, it is a matter of who and when, not if.
    Ohio State definitely doesn't have anyone that can defend JaJuan Johnson. He's so difficult to guard because he's got some post moves, though mostly finesse moves, but this year he's become such a face-up threat. He kind of plays a little like Kevin Durant this year in some ways.

But his ability to step out and hit a shot, play away from the basket, will be tough for OSU. The reason Mike Tisdale was tough yesterday for Illinois is that he's able to drag Sullinger & Lauderdale away from the basket -- something they're not comfortable with. Lauderdale is good for hedging screens because of his length, but he isn't comfortable guarding out there.

For that reason, I suspect Johnson will get his points. Sullinger & Johnson will probably both go for 25, as JJ isn't a great defender.

So the issue, then, becomes whether or not Ohio State can defend E'Twaun Moore as well as they've done with Battle & McCamey of Penn State & Illinois respectively. If they do, I can't see Purdue going into Columbus and winning. If they don't, could be a fantastic finish. Purdue is getting just enough out of Barlow, Smith, Byrd, etc. to keep pace, but they can't afford off-nights for their two stars.

Good Luck Buckeye Hoops' fans.

I hope you win it all this year.

Turn Off Ads?