Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

1 1.30%
  • Tucker Barnhart

0 0%
  • Brad Boxberger

20 25.97%
  • Drew Cisco

0 0%
  • Daniel Corcino

0 0%
  • Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • Danny Dorn

1 1.30%
  • Juan Duran

5 6.49%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

0 0%
  • Jordan Hotchkiss

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Ryan LaMarre

10 12.99%
  • Sam Lecure

3 3.90%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

13 16.88%
  • Kris Negron

0 0%
  • Felix Perez

1 1.30%
  • Henry Rodriguez

1 1.30%
  • Neftali Soto

2 2.60%
  • Daryl Thompson

0 0%
  • Ronald Torreyes

3 3.90%
  • Chris Valaika

17 22.08%
  • Kyle Waldrop

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

I see Valaika having a Ron Oester/Craig Counsell like career if given the chance to play everyday. Nothing spectacular, but solid league average middle infielder. And he's very close to that right now, which is why I continue to vote for him.

If Boxberger was definitely a starter, he'd be my choice hands down, but likewise, if I looked like Brad Pitt, I'd be married to Angelie Jolie
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

I went Lotzkar. His upside is TOR starter and he's apparently done well enough in his rehab this season to keep that golden wing healthy. I haven't seen that out of Boxberger put up those dominant numbers that Lotzkar has and his control is worrisome enough to keep him from my personal TOP 20. (Too much Joe Valentine for my taste.)

That AA line is just horrid, aside from the K's. You'd have to have a pretty high opinion of his upside (and enough scouts to agree with you) to even consider him before Top 20, IMO.

I'm hopeful about Lotzkar, but just can't rate him yet. He's already had multiple injuries in the same arm and he really hasn't put enough innings on that arm since returning to have much idea how it will hold up. Add that his success is against kids at a level he's already mastered and all that can really be determined from last year is that he hasn't broken down again yet. The jury is still out concerning both his ability to hold up and how effective he might be and how much of his stuff and command he'll regain. I lump him in with Thompson and Buck as guys I think the team should keep a real eye on, but have no idea how to rate them.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I went LeCure by a tiny margin over Boxberger or Lotzkar.
    I'll stick with Valaika untill he wins a spot. I'll vote LeCure next.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Casting the first vote in what will probably be a long campaign for Juan Duran, who I still think can be special.
    His height scares me. The fact that he continues to grow has me thinking he may out grow his potential. If he were a basketball player this would be a good thing. But a baseball 6'5"+ batter had a huge strike zone.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I see Valaika having a Ron Oester/Craig Counsell like career if given the chance to play everyday. Nothing spectacular, but solid league average middle infielder. And he's very close to that right now, which is why I continue to vote for him.
    Can't think of a better player to compare him to than Oester.

Turn Off Ads?