Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Waiver claim on Hisanori Takahashi?!?!

Waiver claim on Hisanori Takahashi?!?!

Saw some reports that we picked this guy off waivers from the Mets on the 10th.
    I haven't seen one thing posted in Sundeck or ORG.

Seems to have good numbers, is a lefty, and was released since he wanted a long-term deal and his contract called for his release if one wasn't agreed upon.

Anyone have the skinny on him? Is this deal contingent upon us signing him?

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Waiver claim on Hisanori Takahashi?!?!

I havent heard anything, but I like the idea of it.

-Matt

CBSSportsline said they did and that he is theirs till he Rejects them, so hope he doesn't reject US.

Yahoo Sports has him listed as being part of The Cincinnati Reds. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8688

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Is he a starter for the Reds? Is he a replacement for King Arthur? What do we need with a 35 year-old lefty with one year MLB experience? Please help.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

I'm not clear on how all this works. Does his contract give him the right to reject a waiver claim? That would be pretty unusual.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Great season last year. I would love to see him on the staff next year. Wow!

This would seem to indicate that the Reds had a small window to negotiate a contract and it didn't happen.

Takahashi a free agent after Reds made claim
    By Bailey Stephens / MLB.com | 11/15/10 10:46 AM EST
    Comments (2)
    printe-mailPitcher Hisanori Takahashi was claimed off unconditional waivers by the Reds last week after being released by the Mets earlier this month.

The claim gave the Reds a window to negotiate with the pitcher, but Takahashi himself had five days to refuse the claim and become a free agent. The Japanese pitcher chose that route on Friday, ESPNNewYork.com reported. Takahashi, who went 10-6 with a 3.61 ERA last season for the Mets in 2010, didn't reach a contract extension in the time frame stipulated by his contract, and subsequently was given his release on Nov. 5.

Sounds like he's just determined to try the free agent market. Can't say that I blame him.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Thanks for the follow-ups gents!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

A team can never have enough left handers.

Turn Off Ads?