Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 UC Basketball official thread

Re: 2011/2012 UC Basketball official thread

Oh man

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I am hoping that gets us above an 8 seed. While we showed tonight we can beat a #1, I feel ok going into a game against a #2 or #3 that we can truly compete with them even if they show up with their A game. I don't know that I feel that way about a Syracuse/Kentucky type of team.

Great win. Let's get another one tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am hoping that gets us above an 8 seed. While we showed tonight we can beat a #1, I feel ok going into a game against a #2 or #3 that we can truly compete with them even if they show up with their A game. I don't know that I feel that way about a Syracuse/Kentucky type of team.

Great win. Let's get another one tomorrow.
    I'd be shocked if UC ended up any lower than a 6 seed, regardless of what happens tomorrow night. They were right around an 8 seed in most of the prognostications going into tonight and IMHO this win was good enough for a 2-3 seed bump.

Playing with house money for this point.

jredmo2

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    I'd be shocked if UC ended up any lower than a 6 seed, regardless of what happens tomorrow night. They were right around an 8 seed in most of the prognostications going into tonight and IMHO this win was good enough for a 2-3 seed bump.

Playing with house money for this point.
    Yep. We could get a 3 seed if we beat Louisville, but a 4 is more likely. With a loss, a 6 is most likely, a 5 is still possible, and a 7 is your worst case scenario. No 8-9 for us

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

What is with those striped shorts?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    Big win for Cincy tonight. They almost blew it at the end, but they were able to hang on.
    I wouldn't characterize it as almost "blowing it" in the end. Syracuse was hitting incredible contested threes. That player was 7-10 from three point land and jis career high was 3 three pointers in a game. Basically put, Syracuse was #2 in the country for a reason. It wasn't going to be easy. In fact, the nation is so impressed with the Orange that the word is they'll still keep their #1 seed status
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 03-10-2012 at 09:36 AM.

I'd rather lose tonight. I would hate going into the tournament with a big target on our backs because we never seem to play as well when we're expected to win.

Let's also give it up for Mick. Great coaching job yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I wouldn't characterize it as almost "blowing it" in the end. Syracuse was hitting incredible contested threes. That player was 7-10 from three point land and jis career high was 3 three pointers in a game. Basically put, Syracuse was #2 in the country for a reason. It wasn't going to be easy. In fact, the nation is so impressed with the Orange that the word is they'll still keep their #1 seed status
    We also hit 8 of 10 threes to start the game so it kind of evens out.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    We also hit 8 of 10 threes to start the game so it kind of evens out.
    I wouldn't so much say it evens out. We hardly ever hit 8 out of 10 threes and we sure didn't in the previous game. The fact is you have to play over your head to a certain extent in order to beat a team like Syracuse and to their credit, UC did. I don't think Syracuse played "over their head" in coming back like they did. They are just that talented

Still cannot believe we won that game. Just an incredible job of coaching by Mick this year, he's so underrated in this town. I loved his gameplan last night, the zone was gonna force Syracuse to shoot to beat us, and in the end it worked. We have also been outstanding out of timeouts in this tournament.

Also, I'm really happy for Gates.

I love the fact that a UC-UofL matchup is cheesing all those Eastern folks' grits.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Lunardi still has the Bearcats as a #8 seed heading into the game tonight against Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Lunardi still has the Bearcats as a #8 seed heading into the game tonight against Louisville.
    If so, that's a serious hit to Lunardi's credibility. Even if their bus gets lost from the hotel and they never make it to MSG tonight, UC is no worse than a #6.

Think of it this way, UCONN came into the Big East Tournament last year as a #9 and left as a #3. UC goes on a similar run (albeit it with the double-bye) and only comes out as an #8?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    If so, that's a serious hit to Lunardi's credibility. Even if their bus gets lost from the hotel and they never make it to MSG tonight, UC is no worse than a #6.
    Lunardi is completely overrated. He has the biggest platform but if you look at his predicitions he is nothing special.

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/rankings.html

Turn Off Ads?