Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
Good teams go on the road and win 1 or 2 of those games. Even if not, good teams don't go on the road and lose all three by double digits.

I forgot to make the wager back when we were discussing it, but I really don't think UC makes the tournament. They still don't have a single win against a team that's going to be in the NCAA (except for the outside possibility Xavier gets in).

Think about the above statement for a moment, then consider it's already January 20.
Completely disagree that good teams win 2 games. At Nova and at Syracuse are two games against top 10 teams that even very good teams will have trouble winning. I can see good teams winning one of the three. Also, not to pick nits, but UC didn't lose all three by double digits.

The not having a single win agains a tournament team is a great point, unless you actually point out that they have only played three teams that are likely to be tournament teams (if we are not counting Xavier), and that two of those teams are top 10 teams they played on the road. They still have to play Pitt, St. Johns twice, Georgetown twice, West Virginia, Louisville and UConn. Now, the Big East probably won't end up with 11 bids, but those are all teams some project to be in the tournament right now. UC has plenty of chances to get the wins they need to get in. Losing to Syracuse and Nova was no big deal. The ND games hurts, but it does not sink their chances.

I know that begs for the argument about how weak their non conference schedule was, but that wasn't the argument being made here. The argument being made is that UC somehow isn't a tournament team based on three games on the road. Is UC a lock to make the NCAA's this year? No. Are they a lock to miss? Absolutely not. UC has plenty of basketball to play before they can be judged.