Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 UC Basketball official thread

Re: 2010/2011 UC Basketball official thread

nice win, that won't grab the attention of most people but winning at Marquette against a good team fighting to make the tourny is a big win.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Completely agreed...

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The most important thing about getting a by in the Big East Tournament could be that they shouldn't have a "bad loss" on their record. That was key if they were to be a bubble team but could be a help in the seeding.

If they beat Georgetown, and thats a big if, and maybe win a game in the Big East tourney they may be able to secure around a 5 seed. It would be huge to get better than a 7 seed. You don't want to match up with a one or two seed in round 2.

The most important thing about getting a by in the Big East Tournament could be that they shouldn't have a "bad loss" on their record. That was key if they were to be a bubble team but could be a help in the seeding.

If they beat Georgetown, and thats a big if, and maybe win a game in the Big East tourney they may be able to secure around a 5 seed. It would be huge to get better than a 7 seed. You don't want to match up with a one or two seed in round 2.
    This is all on point. My target right now is pretty much this:

Two more good wins and no bad loss in the BE Tourney: 5 seed
    One more good win and no bad loss in the BE Tourney: 6 seed
    No more good wins and no bad loss in the BE Tourney: 7 seed
    No more good wins and a bad loss in the BE Tourney: 8/9 seed

Of course, if UC goes out and wins the BE Tourney or reaches the finals, then they could jump higher than a 5 seed. But realistically speaking, that's a bit of a stretch (but one I'll be rooting for obviously nonetheless).
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    This is all on point. My target right now is pretty much this:

Two more good wins and no bad loss in the BE Tourney: 5 seed
    One more good win and no bad loss in the BE Tourney: 6 seed
    No more good wins and no bad loss in the BE Tourney: 7 seed
    No more good wins and a bad loss in the BE Tourney: 8/9 seed

Of course, if UC goes out and wins the BE Tourney or reaches the finals, then they could jump higher than a 5 seed. But realistically speaking, that's a bit of a stretch (but one I'll be rooting for obviously nonetheless).
    Seems like a pretty good synopsis. The thing I have noticed in the past is the committee doesn't put as much weight in the tournament as fans do. To be honest if you have a nice seed secured then it may be beneficial to lose early in the tournament. I would love to see OSU beat Wisconsin and then lose early in the Big Ten tourney. You would get a lot of rest. It would be nice to see UC go far but you have to ask, whats the cost?

I'd rather the NCAA seeding be for the body of work for an entire season rather than getting hot for a 2-4 day tournament.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

What's the TV situation for the Georgetown game? Hopefully better than last night

Seems like a pretty good synopsis. The thing I have noticed in the past is the committee doesn't put as much weight in the tournament as fans do. To be honest if you have a nice seed secured then it may be beneficial to lose early in the tournament. I would love to see OSU beat Wisconsin and then lose early in the Big Ten tourney. You would get a lot of rest. It would be nice to see UC go far but you have to ask, whats the cost?
    At this point for UC, I don't think there is anything to lose. You are already in the tournament for all intents and purposes. OSU has a legit shot at winning it all. UC really doesn't. In their case, I think UC could gain a lot of momentum going into next season with a strong showing in the BE tourney. Sure, they will probably duck out of the NCAAs in round two or three if they are lucky, but having the extra rest really isn't going to change UC's fortune most likely. Sure, UC is a long shot to win the BE tourney, but if they get to the finals I'm not going to sweat having less rest than if they would have lost early in the BE tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What's the TV situation for the Georgetown game? Hopefully better than last night

Saturday's game is listed as a Big East Network game on Local 12 here in Cincy. I'm not sure about anywhere else, but usually that means it gets pushed to an alternative chanel here in Cincinnati. In fact, I can't think of one game listed on the website as being on Local 12 that was actually broadcast on 12. Usually it ends up on The CW. Hopefully the TV rights work out better in the future now that UC is playing better basketball, but they must continue to win year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    Saturday's game is listed as a Big East Network game on Local 12 here in Cincy. I'm not sure about anywhere else, but usually that means it gets pushed to an alternative chanel here in Cincinnati. In fact, I can't think of one game listed on the website as being on Local 12 that was actually broadcast on 12. Usually it ends up on The CW. Hopefully the TV rights work out better in the future now that UC is playing better basketball, but they must continue to win year in and year out.
    Oh well. I'm going to be out of town so I guess that means "fat chance" of seeing it live. Thanks for the quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Oh well. I'm going to be out of town so I guess that means "fat chance" of seeing it live. Thanks for the quick response!
    Well, it will also be on ESPN3 if that helps. Other than that, you are probably out of luck unfortunately.

Bearcats finish up the regular season with a 69-47 thumping of Georgetown. They finish the regular season at 24-7 (11-7 in the Big East). Even with a cupcake pre-conference schedule I never had them pegged for 24 wins and a first-round bye in the BE Tournament. Hats off to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Bearcats finish up the regular season with a 69-47 thumping of Georgetown. They finish the regular season at 24-7 (11-7 in the Big East). Even with a cupcake pre-conference schedule I never had them pegged for 24 wins and a first-round bye in the BE Tournament. Hats off to the team.
    Great season for the Cats! They exceeded my expectations to be sure. There will be no sweating it on Selection Sunday. What a great effort from the guys today. I'm absolutely thrilled with this team right now.

This team is a Tournament team, and that feels good to say for the first time in a long time.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Hell of a job, Cats!

Hell of a job, Mick!

Let's ride this and see where it goes!

Thank you seniors!

Congrats to UC. I'd enjoy seeing them make a deep run in the tournament (assuming they don't play Ohio State).
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?