Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 UC Basketball official thread

Re: 2011/2012 UC Basketball official thread

I like what Cronin is saying about all of this. I'm embarrassed to be a UC fan, and XU fans should feel the same. It is absolutely ridiculous that it was ever allowed to get that far. Refs should have done a better job controlling the trash talking, and the coaches absolutely did not handle their players at all.

Cronin better back up the talk with actions. Apparently Cronin took all the players jerseys, some of them physically.
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 12-10-2011 at 03:30 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I posted in this thread right as the scrum happened, and I shouldn't have.

As for UC's talent, this is the first time I have seen them play, and other than Gates I saw nothing from their team talent-wise. Perhaps if I watched them more I would see more talent, but they looked atrocious from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    As for UC's talent, this is the first time I have seen them play, and other than Gates I saw nothing from their team talent-wise. Perhaps if I watched them more I would see more talent, but they looked atrocious from my perspective.
    I agree with this. Kilpatrick is a good player but nothing special. Beyond that they are thin. The Big East will not be kind to UC this year.

BTW, I think the rivalry is ugly enough now that a break really might be warranted. Neither program really "needs" the game anymore, so maybe a little cooling off period would be okay.

Gates should be gone for a long time but so should Dez Wells. He may not have landed a shot like Gates but he was throwing haymakers, not to mention the fact that he shoved the dude to the ground at the beginning.

I don't care about either X or UC I just happened to have been watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Gates should be gone for a long time but so should Dez Wells. He may not have landed a shot like Gates but he was throwing haymakers, not to mention the fact that he shoved the dude to the ground at the beginning.

I don't care about either X or UC I just happened to have been watching the game.
    I think Wells is certainly in big trouble. A stupid move by a player who just played the game of his life.

Yep, if the game was on WXIX like in the old days, Dez may get a game. Since it's going to be on ESPN all day, he may not go to Hawaii.

Credit to Cronin for the way he's handling this mess.

I didn't hear Mack's post-game comments, but he gets an F for letting Tu and Lyons talk to the press after the game.

Tu Holloway screamed at press row that they put UC in bodybags? Love the guy as a player, but he's a punk. Has been for years. Mick was saying how they were cussing out the UC bench and coaches the entire game and he had asked the officials to stop it. If true, that's kinda sad it was allowed to escalate all game.

I loved Cronin's press conference afterwards in so many ways. He needs to back that up and hold his team accountable. #13 (whoever that is) and Gates can't be on the team anymore after what Mick just said.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Tu Holloway screamed at press row that they put UC in bodybags? Love the guy as a player, but he's a punk. Has been for years. Mick was saying how they were cussing out the UC bench and coaches the entire game and he had asked the officials to stop it. If true, that's kinda sad it was allowed to escalate all game.

I loved Cronin's press conference afterwards in so many ways. He needs to back that up and hold his team accountable. #13 (whoever that is) and Gates can't be on the team anymore after what Mick just said.
    "We got a whole bunch of gangstas in this locker room."

Well done Tu.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

By the way... I want to say, as someone that has been outspoken about not liking Mick in the past for a lot of reasons, I give him a standing ovation for how he handled his press conference today. Very classy of Mick and I felt he was sincere in the things he said. I hope (but expect) his actions will meet his words.

It's interesting because on the court, I 100% fault the UC players for what happened. Trash talking or not, there's no reason to respond the way they did. But after the game, I felt Mick handled the situation 100 times better than Mack or the Xavier players. I think Xavier should be embarrassed with the comments that came out of the XU camp after the fact.

I applaud Mick. I trust his actions will back up his words. But he gets all the respect from me for how he's handling this.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    By the way... I want to say, as someone that has been outspoken about not liking Mick in the past for a lot of reasons, I give him a standing ovation for how he handled his press conference today. Very classy of Mick and I felt he was sincere in the things he said. I hope (but expect) his actions will meet his words.

It's interesting because on the court, I 100% fault the UC players for what happened. Trash talking or not, there's no reason to respond the way they did. But after the game, I felt Mick handled the situation 100 times better than Mack or the Xavier players. I think Xavier should be embarrassed with the comments that came out of the XU camp after the fact.

I applaud Mick. I trust his actions will back up his words. But he gets all the respect from me for how he's handling this.
    I agree re: Mick's handling of things after the game, but now he has to back that talk up.

I strongly disagree about it being 100% UC's fault as to what happened on the court. This one is on everyone on that court: refs, players, coaches. If the trash talking was as bad as what's been reported, it should have never been allowed to get that out of hand. XU should have never taunted to the level they did, the coaches and refs should have a hand in keeping that in check, and there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for reacting the way UC players did. This is a black eye on both programs and easily the low point to what has been a source pride in this city for years.

Thank you to the 2011-2012 UC and Xavier squads for taking the Crosstown Shootout away from the fans.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

The brawl probably doesn't happen if #5 tries to break up the 2 players arguing instead of shoving the 1 player to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    The brawl probably doesn't happen if #5 tries to break up the 2 players arguing instead of shoving the 1 player to the ground.
    The brawl definitely doesn't happen if he hadn't stuck his hand in the player's face, as there'd be no reason for another player to shove him to the ground.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?