Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 UC Basketball official thread

Re: 2011/2012 UC Basketball official thread

Please whoop DaVille.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Big game tonight. We can't afford to lose to St. Johns, not with the way things have been going lately. It'll be tough on the road, from the little bit that I've seen of them that Harkless guy is really good. They can also be tough in MSG on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Big game tonight. We can't afford to lose to St. Johns, not with the way things have been going lately. It'll be tough on the road, from the little bit that I've seen of them that Harkless guy is really good. They can also be tough in MSG on occasion.
    I agree with you on the importance of tonight. Is the game at MSG? Usually we play them at their much smaller arena.

Yeah I think it's there tonight, well at least that's what ESPN's website says

How we lost at home to them is beyond me.

How we lost at home to them is beyond me.
    We missed 56 shots
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Well that went well.... Up 16-4 early, down 47-35 at the half.

You think ESPN would enjoy putting Xavier and UC up against each other in the NIT? I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You think ESPN would enjoy putting Xavier and UC up against each other in the NIT? I do.
    Wow. That would be almost cruel and unusual. But I like it!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Marquette is pretty good, but there's no excuse for yesterday. You can't give up 95 points in a 40 minute game if you are trying to play defense.

Marquette is pretty good, but there's no excuse for yesterday. You can't give up 95 points in a 40 minute game if you are trying to play defense.
    As Yoda says, "do or do not, there is no try". UC seems to have lost their gumption. Maybe they need to suspend Gates again. They played with much more effort and fire without him.

It's about
    the ball,
    the bat,
    the mitt,
    the bases,
    and the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    As Yoda says, "do or do not, there is no try". UC seems to have lost their gumption. Maybe they need to suspend Gates again. They played with much more effort and fire without him.
    What? More baseless cliches please and untrue statements. Just how exactly do you even quantify them playing harder w/o him and not hard with him? I guess we could take a peak at the schedule differences, especially when the games he missed were vs these powerhouses

Wright St
    Radford
    ARK Pinebluff
    Chicago State
    Oklahoma (1 point win they were really, really lucky to win and played like crap the first 35 minutes)
    Pittsburgh (close win, probably could've gone either way, against what is a pretty mediocre Pitt team that didnt have Woodall and went on to lose 7 in a row during this sseason)

I guess UC just didnt have any fire and gumption with him playing on the floor in wins @UConn, a beatdown vs Notre Dame, @ Gtown, crushing St Johns in MSG or the heartbreaking loss @ WVa.

He's driven me crazy at times throughout his career with jogging back on d, and not rebounding out of his area enough, but on the whole this year, hes played pretty well statistically and from every thing I've seen he's been giving as much effort as anyone.

Yancy's been the whipping boy throughout his time at UC, and most of the time he deserved it, but at this point its really unfair to place the blame on him when the whole team gives up 95 points against a pretty good team on the road.

Oh, and like I said earlier in this thread, UC's rpi is gonna end up being a major red flag for their tournament chances, whether fair or not. Halfway through Feb and they still are dangerously close to triple digits at 93 and winning 10, or even 11 games in the BE is not a lock for a bid
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    Oh, and like I said earlier in this thread, UC's rpi is gonna end up being a major red flag for their tournament chances, whether fair or not. Halfway through Feb and they still are dangerously close to triple digits at 93 and winning 10, or even 11 games in the BE is not a lock for a bid
    That RPI is really problematic. I don't see how they can overcome that. They're going to have to win the Big East Tournament. Of course at the end of the day, they're just plain not good enough to warrant an NCAA bid this yr. An NIT bid isn't even a lock as of today

Sagarin has them at 49. Pomeroy has them at 43. I wonder why RPI has them so low?
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Sagarin has them at 49. Pomeroy has them at 43. I wonder why RPI has them so low?
    I didn't know that.

That does seem strange. I didn't think those rating services varied that much

Turn Off Ads?