Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 UC Basketball official thread

Re: 2011/2012 UC Basketball official thread

50 year anniversary (almost)

OSU-UC

Nice
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    On offense, they don't take care of the basketball and the big guys aren't great finishers. They were near the bottom on turnovers and probably close to the bottom if there was a category for missed chippies. ... Simply put, they play fast much better than they play slow
    Can't say I don't know my own team. Good luck in the next round, UC.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Still a great season considering how it started off. Some wins in the NCAA would be nice.
    This was exactly what I was thinking. The Sweet Sixteen isn't so bad, though.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

ESPN says it is the second time the teams will play since the championships game wins of '61 and '62 with Oscar Robertson. I think Robertson graduated the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    ESPN says it is the second time the teams will play since the championships game wins of '61 and '62 with Oscar Robertson. I think Robertson graduated the year before.
    Robertson's last year was '60, so he just missed the two championship teams.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Oh, and kudos to UC for its first Sweet 16 appearance in too darn long.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I heard somewhere this morning that this is the first time that one state has placed 4 teams in the sweet 16.

Let's hear it for Ohio!

Just wanted to return the favor for you guys pulling for us last year when we knocked off Ohio State. I'll be pulling for you guys (especially since tO$U is one of the few teams that worries me matching up with Kentucky.

Go Cats! (Both Bearcats and Wildcats)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

A round of applause for this year's Bearcats. Sweet sixteen seasons are always welcome.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Great season.

Last night was tough, but it did allow me to engage in one of my favorite extracurricular activities -- riling up Ohio State fans on Facebook.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Great season.

Last night was tough, but it did allow me to engage in one of my favorite extracurricular activities -- riling up Ohio State fans on Facebook.
    Hmmm, who had the last rile?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Just wanted to return the favor for you guys pulling for us last year when we knocked off Ohio State. I'll be pulling for you guys (especially since tO$U is one of the few teams that worries me matching up with Kentucky.

Go Cats! (Both Bearcats and Wildcats)
    You forgot Bobcats.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

It was a really enjoyable season. I really liked the toughness the Bearcats showed for most of the second half of the season. A Sweet Sixteen appearance and 4th place finish in the Big East is a great accomplishment for this team. They took another step forward this year. Considering everything leading up to and including the Xavier fiasco, I think Mick and his team deserve a lot of credit. I feel really good about the program moving forward.

I'd also like to thank Gates and Dixon for their contributions to the program. It hasn't always been easy, but they had very good careers at UC. I think the number Yancy put up have been overlooked because of what a lot of people wanted him to be, but he put up some very impressive numbers while at UC. I'm going to miss watching him play.

I'd also like to thank Gates and Dixon for their contributions to the program. It hasn't always been easy, but they had very good careers at UC. I think the number Yancy put up have been overlooked because of what a lot of people wanted him to be, but he put up some very impressive numbers while at UC. I'm going to miss watching him play.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    It was a really enjoyable season. I really liked the toughness the Bearcats showed for most of the second half of the season. A Sweet Sixteen appearance and 4th place finish in the Big East is a great accomplishment for this team. They took another step forward this year. Considering everything leading up to and including the Xavier fiasco, I think Mick and his team deserve a lot of credit. I feel really good about the program moving forward.

Just curious, what were Gates numbers before/after the Xavier game? Was there any noticeable change in aggressiveness?

Of course, the switch to four guards may not make it any type of point, but he was just no factor against FSU or the Buckeyes.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?