14 29.17%
  • No, I'm not a 'twit'

22 45.83%
  • What's twitter?

5 10.42%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you Twitter?

How many of you Twitter?

I am curious how many people here use Twitter as part of your social media, at least the ones that participate in social media.

Personally, I am not an avid Twitter fan. Because of my background in the media, I use it sporadically on a professional basis. It's valuable for people in the news industry, as much as it's valuable for those wanting breaking news.

But on an individual level, I don't see the point. On a personal basis I don't get the need for constant updates of what I'm doing during the day.

I know millions of people are using it. It's crazy how many people are on it now. Just wondered how many here use Twitter.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How many of you Twitter?

I am with you on this Brutus. I use it for my website and to stay on top of news (mostly baseball related news). I don't tweet for my personal life. If I want to let someone know what I am doing, I can call/text them.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I use twitter. I have a couple friends on it, and we all follow one another. I usually tweet about two or three times a day whenever a stupid thought pops into my head or when I see or hear something funny. My friends do the same thing, and we usually get a laugh out of whatever gets written.

Mostly I like twitter because I can get instant updates from a lot of sports and news media figures. Virtually ever bit of important news breaks on twitter before anyplace else is updated.

It's also a neat way to get an instant-feedback look at what's being discussed or what the general feeling is on certain topics. For example, I couldn't connect to XBL tonight when I tried to get in on a game of Call of Duty. A quick search of twitter told me that the problem was network-wide, not with my particular connection.

I was anti-twitter for a long time, but I've come to see it's value in the social media universe.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I use twitter. I have a couple friends on it, and we all follow one another. I usually tweet about two or three times a day whenever a stupid thought pops into my head or when I see or hear something funny. My friends do the same thing, and we usually get a laugh out of whatever gets written.

Mostly I like twitter because I can get instant updates from a lot of sports and news media figures. Virtually ever bit of important news breaks on twitter before anyplace else is updated.

It's also a neat way to get an instant-feedback look at what's being discussed or what the general feeling is on certain topics. For example, I couldn't connect to XBL tonight when I tried to get in on a game of Call of Duty. A quick search of twitter told me that the problem was network-wide, not with my particular connection.

I was anti-twitter for a long time, but I've come to see it's value in the social media universe.
    I think there are some redeeming qualities to it. I definitely don't think it's all bad, even with friends & family. I just see some 'interesting' uses of it with some people (ha ha).

Really though, I've warmed up to it somewhat just because as you guys have mentioned, it's excellent for news. For journalists and sports fans alike, it's become a must have.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I can't bring myself to get into it.

Maybe that will change. But it seems, I dunno, "junky" to me, if that makes sense. The pages themselves just seem cluttered and hard to navigate.

Interesting concept, but I can usually count on somebody here to post any important information from twitter, meaning I don't have to go looking for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    2013 Reds Record when I attend: 5-4
    2012 Reds Record when I attend: 10-7

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I prefer Facebook to Twitter. Facebook allows you to do more, and offers the same things Twitter does.

It may have usage to some, but just not to me. I prefer more fully formed thoughts. Or maybe I'm just too wordy.

Too many things try to speed up the world. I think we could all use a little reflection.

Pay attention to the open sky

I also prefer Facebook. I have a Twitter account but have only tweeted once and barely use it to gather news.

I use mine to test twitter web applications i use at work, that's about it.

Oh, and to follow the Old Spice guy, those are hilarious.
    Suck it up cupcake.

I also prefer facebook, but like Twitter just to follow different sports figures, mostly "insiders."

When my blog publishes, it automatically tweets, but the only other time I tweet is an onccasionaly reply to something during a UK game. It's almost like a mini "game-thread" on twitter at times and that's kind of neat.

I only view it on my home computer but not on my phone or anything like that.

It may be silly, but it's kind of fun as something not to take too seriously

I love Twitter. I mostly follow stand up comedians and a few athletes. I think it's kinda a cool, I've messaged back and forth with several comedians that I really like. And Reggie Miller, says he remembers me when I was a ball boy, but he's probably just being nice.

I love the # tag stuff. Like #failedcandy, the Sklar Bros won that. And #moviesinmypants.

I think I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't use facebook or twitter. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    I think I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't use facebook or twitter. Ever.
    Do we count dead people when calculating this?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I have a personal account, a professional account and I control an account that is used by my homeowners association.

The personal account is anonymous and used mostly for following and sending news/feeds that interest me to my phone. The second has my real name attached and I use it occasionally to tweet about things related to my profession and it follows a handful of professional contacts. The HOA account doesn't follow anyone, but it is probably the one I tweet on the most, to let neighbors know what is happening with the HOA, since the board of directors is a bunch of folks who are tech-phobic.

I avoid tweeting about being away from home on the anonymous account and never do it at all on the account with my name attached. No point in letting burglars know when I'm not home.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 11-16-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Stat geek...and proud

It can really change the way you follow news and sports if you use it right. I don't tweet myself though, pretty much just read.

Turn Off Ads?