• No, I'm not a 'twit'

22 45.83%
  • What's twitter?

5 10.42%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you Twitter?

Re: How many of you Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    I think I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't use facebook or twitter. Ever.
    Nope, you're not the only one...

2. Turn Off Ads?

My heart used to twitter, but I got medication for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I use twitter. I have a couple friends on it, and we all follow one another. I usually tweet about two or three times a day whenever a stupid thought pops into my head or when I see or hear something funny. My friends do the same thing, and we usually get a laugh out of whatever gets written.

Mostly I like twitter because I can get instant updates from a lot of sports and news media figures. Virtually ever bit of important news breaks on twitter before anyplace else is updated.

It's also a neat way to get an instant-feedback look at what's being discussed or what the general feeling is on certain topics. For example, I couldn't connect to XBL tonight when I tried to get in on a game of Call of Duty. A quick search of twitter told me that the problem was network-wide, not with my particular connection.

I was anti-twitter for a long time, but I've come to see it's value in the social media universe.
    This is about spot on for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    I think I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't use facebook or twitter. Ever.
    No

Twitter.

Isn't that something a girl (or girly-guy) does when she gets scared?

I admit I still don't understand the @Brutus tag you see in these messages. Is that the tweeter responding to Brutus? Is that Brutus responding to the tweeter? If so, on what topic?

I feel old!

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I admit I still don't understand the @Brutus tag you see in these messages. Is that the tweeter responding to Brutus? Is that Brutus responding to the tweeter? If so, on what topic?
    It's a public message directed at Brutus. It might be a reply to an earlier public message or it might just be something of general interest that will be of particular interest to Brutus.

Honestly, Twitter makes more sense when you view it in a Twitter application than when you view it on the web site. A Twitter client enables you to pull together threads, so you can see the history of that user's conversations @Brutus and vice-versa to determine whether you're seeing part of a thread.

I had trouble grasping the value of Twitter, too until I used Tweetdeck for the first time.

Personally, I use Facebook. But I use twitter quite a lot for sports news. The best thing about Twitter, IMO(since I only use it for sports), is you can sometimes get answers from insiders or players. I've gotten questions answered on Twitter from C Trent, Jonathon Mayo, Chris Mortensen, Dana White, John Fay, Tony Grossi, among others.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

I do not need another way to have other people wired to me.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Yes, there is such thing as being too well connected. I don't even like the fact that I have to have a cell phone within reach 24/7 for work purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yes, there is such thing as being too well connected. I don't even like the fact that I have to have a cell phone within reach 24/7 for work purposes
    That's when you get on the boat and take the cell-phone out of range with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Like the iPhone and other smartphone apps that automatically share your exact GPS location with all your friends? That seems creepy to me. It can come in handy if you're lost and need help getting to someone's house. But other than that, I don't feel the need to have my exact location tracked at all times.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Like the iPhone and other smartphone apps that automatically share your exact GPS location with all your friends? That seems creepy to me. It can come in handy if you're lost and need help getting to someone's house. But other than that, I don't feel the need to have my exact location tracked at all times.
    Yes. That's all the reason I need for not wanting one.

Turn Off Ads?