Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #14 prospect?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

2 2.53%
  • Tucker Barnhart

0 0%
  • Drew Cisco

0 0%
  • Daniel Corcino

0 0%
  • Jonathan Correa

0 0%
  • Danny Dorn

0 0%
  • Juan Duran

11 13.92%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

0 0%
  • Jordan Hotchkiss

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Ryan LaMarre

12 15.19%
  • Sam Lecure

4 5.06%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

16 20.25%
  • Kris Negron

0 0%
  • Felix Perez

2 2.53%
  • Henry Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Neftali Soto

2 2.53%
  • Daryl Thompson

0 0%
  • Ronald Torreyes

4 5.06%
  • Chris Valaika

26 32.91%
  • Kyle Waldrop

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #14 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #14 prospect?

LeCure. Guy's going to be a major league pitcher, probably somebody's #5 starter. There are other guys whose potential upside is obviously higher, but I don't see how LeCure isn't at least our 14th best.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Before LeCure, I'd go LaMarre, Lotzkar, Rodriguez, and even Torreyes.

LaMarre plays a defensive position and can hit with some pop. Lotzkar has TOR potential LeCure will never see. Rodriguez has hit well over a couple levels and is only 20 going into A+ level next season. Torreyes' numbers are ridiculously good and impossible to ignore.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I am honestly shocked at the lack of support for Junior Arias.....

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I would have voted for Junior Arias around 10, but it's a wasted vote if he is only going to get 2 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    LeCure. Guy's going to be a major league pitcher, probably somebody's #5 starter. There are other guys whose potential upside is obviously higher, but I don't see how LeCure isn't at least our 14th best.
    I had to practically beg folks to vote LeCure into the top 30 last year.

I hope he gets in the top 15 this time.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 11-18-2010 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You're more privy to scouting reports than most of us, so I'm sure you have solid reasons for feeling the way you do about Arias. I like him, too. But if you're looking for reasons why people haven't flocked toward him yet, I'll note a few of mine:

1. Although he had a tremendous start last year, and generated some attention, he seemed to fade later in the season.

2. His 861 fielding percentage, and what little I've read, and his size, all seem to suggest that he won't be a shortstop for long.

3. He was a bit overshadowed by Ronald Torreyes, who is two years younger and outhit him considerably, partly at the same level. I'll vote for Torreyes ahead of Arias. I'll probably also vote for Tucker Barnhart ahead of Arias. Barnhart is the same age, will probably play a more important position, spent last year at a higher level and produced a similar OPS.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    You're more privy to scouting reports than most of us, so I'm sure you have solid reasons for feeling the way you do about Arias. I like him, too. But if you're looking for reasons why people haven't flocked toward him yet, I'll note a few of mine:

1. Although he had a tremendous start last year, and generated some attention, he seemed to fade later in the season.

2. His 861 fielding percentage, and what little I've read, and his size, all seem to suggest that he won't be a shortstop for long.

3. He was a bit overshadowed by Ronald Torreyes, who is two years younger and outhit him considerably, partly at the same level. I'll vote for Torreyes ahead of Arias. I'll probably also vote for Tucker Barnhart ahead of Arias. Barnhart is the same age, will probably play a more important position, spent last year at a higher level and produced a similar OPS.

Pretty much this... I've voted Torreyes the last 3 polls...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

If Arias is a true SS, he's valuable.

If he's a third baseman, he'll have to up his offense considerably to be a viable major leaguer, not to mention his iron glove.

To me, he's the Juan Duran of the infield. Great talent, apparently, but major questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I had to practically beg folks to vote LeCure into the top 30 last year.

I hope he gets in the top 15 this time.
    I probably won't vote LeCure in my personal Top 20-25, honestly.

I believe there are 20-25 prospects that profile to deliver a better major league career currently in the Red system than LeCure, who was hit lucky in his brief major league run.

If he's a major leaguer again this year, I'd expect his ERA to balloon at least a run, perhaps a run and a half.

I plan on voting for Torreyes as soon as Lotzkar finds a home in this poll. Can't help but love (and root) for the little guy. He's going to be fun to follow over the next few years.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Sorry, I just don't see Valaika over Lotzkar here. The only advantage he has is proximity to the majors. Valiaka has a completely BA driven OBP and still only had a .330 OBP last year despite hitting .304. On top of that, he's already 25 years old and he had an OBP of .271 in 2009. I just don't see anything more than a utility player out of him and I see so much more potential from Lotzkar.

I guess every prospect has its warts, but I'd be much more upset if the Reds dealt Lotzkar tomorrow than if they dealt Valaika whose ceiling simply can't be much higher than a replacement level player.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

This is the only place where Torreyes is going to be rated ahead of Arias. Yes, he is young and he put up fantastic numbers, but lets remember that he had less than 100 at bats in the AZL this year and his scouting reports aren't close to those of Arias. Torreyes is a good prospect, but he isn't in my top 25.

I like Torreyes name better.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

This is the second time I have voted for Arias. Looks like 99% of you all don't agree with me yet!!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Valaika? Blech...

Turn Off Ads?