Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Francisco Cordero available per Jon Heyman

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Francisco Cordero available per Jon Heyman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Francisco Cordero available per Jon Heyman

Rotoworld's take:

Cordero, 35, posted a 3.84 ERA to go along with a 59/36 K/BB ratio and 40 saves in 48 opportunities this past season. He's still owed $12 million in 2011 and either a $12 million option in 2012 or a $1 million buyout, so the Reds would have to absorb some of his salary in a potential deal. There are plenty of closer-types available this offseason, so we don't see anybody biting. If the Reds are somehow successful, keep an eye on Nick Masset.

I think a swap with the Mets for Beltran may work.

Breaking news: Reds trade closer Fransisco Cordero to Papa Johns for a large BBQ chicken and bacon pizza. Most delicious trade in baseball history.

No GM in baseball is that stupid...

And in other breaking news, the Allies win World War II!!
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by jwertz View Post
    Breaking news: Reds trade closer Fransisco Cordero to Papa Johns for a large BBQ chicken and bacon pizza. Most delicious trade in baseball history.
    Lol, good one.

Maybe the Cardinals will take him and bring him back from the scrap heap ala Lohse and Franklin and countless others.

Trade was blocked at last minute when they couldnt decide between original or handtossed.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Trade fell apart when Papa Johns wouldn't throw in the breadsticks.

This is what this board has been brought to?

Not Impressive.

A Salary dump of Cordero to a Closer Hungry team would be good though... Maybe the Dodgers would take Cordero to shore up their bullpen in case Broxton falters this year again?

Possibly just an easy Trade, like Cordero for Russell Martin...

I am not saying Martin needs to be on this team, but the move could work in advantage for Cincinnati to then shift Martin to another team...

Cordero Trade Possibility

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/11/30/a...g-with-carl-c/

The report has nothing to do with the Reds.

But..............

The Angels may be a Team willing to Take on Cordero's Salary. They need a Closer and the Reds have one that makes too much for this team for 2011 but the Angels could easily take on Cordero and his Contract...

Possibly trading Brandon Wood for Cordero straight up!

Not looking for Wood to be a Starter... Just getting Cordero's Salary out of Cincy would be nice...

Re: Cordero Trade Possibility

I really look for Cordero to have a bounce back year this year. I'm not opposed to moving him if you get decent value, but I'm not sure moving him for nothing just to get rid of his salary is a good move unless you've got a guy or your radar that you KNOW you can get but can't afford him unless you move Co-Co's salary.

I'm just a little skeptical that there's a big name guy that their radar that they would sign IF ONLY Cordero was off the books.
    Sto Pro Veritate

I would trade Cordero for ZERO in a heartbeat. In fact I would trade Cordero plus $1 million for ZERO in a heartbeat.

Any one of our relievers could do a better job as closer than Coco.

Freeing Coco's salary would allow us to sign a marquee power bat or leadoff man in LF.

I think people vastly underestimate the skill of closer. Is Cordero overpaid? Sure. Is he only worth "0", hardly. Id love to keep Coco on the team, but only at 4-5mil/year.

-Matt

Turn Off Ads?