Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member 1990REDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    472

    Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5816234


    Horrible story. As usual, some drunk has to ruin it for everyone.

  2. #2
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,593

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    He was just showing the boy good tackling form. Given the NFL's reputation now of head hunting, it's time to instill proper technique on young kids.

    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  3. #3
    Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,933

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    It doesn't suprise me.

    I used to have Bengals season tickets, but I don't now. I have seen all kinds of stuff at NFL games, including weapons being pulled on people. A lot of the "fans" are falling down drunk by noon, and looking to cause trouble with anyone they can find. I don't think I would take a kid to an NFL game anymore.

  4. #4
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    I would NEVER take my child (if I had one) to an NFL game. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend going to most NFL venues these days if you can't handle yourself or are not with someone who can (goes double for away venues).

    The idiocy at NFL games these days is off the charts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  5. #5
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I would NEVER take my child (if I had one) to an NFL game. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend going to most NFL venues these days if you can't handle yourself or are not with someone who can (goes double for away venues).

    The idiocy at NFL games these days is off the charts...

    I agree but kids who are into the NFL and have a favorite team love to go to these games. My niece is a Chiefs fan and she would just love to go to K.C. to see a game there.

    I don't know what they can do about it but I agree with Redsfaithful in that the NFL is going to have a problem with people going to games because of this.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  6. #6
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    I went to Bengals games for almost thirty years and loved it for probably the first twenty five, but the experience has really deteriorated in my opinion. Too many people who can't stop at one...or six beers, too much pregame partying. It's like people don't really even go to watch the game, but rather to get hammered and spend quality time with their friends throwing up and starting fights.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  7. #7
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I went to Bengals games for almost thirty years and loved it for probably the first twenty five, but the experience has really deteriorated in my opinion. Too many people who can't stop at one...or six beers, too much pregame partying. It's like people don't really even go to watch the game, but rather to get hammered and spend quality time with their friends throwing up and starting fights.
    I would probably drink too if I had to watch embarrassing football.

    Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  8. #8
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I would probably drink too if I had to watch embarrassing football.

    Just sayin'.
    Touchť
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  9. #9
    A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,469

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    Part of me wonders if on a very long horizon the NFL isn't going to have trouble selling out games. The short schedule makes each game a big event, but it's a better experience watching at home now with HDTV, especially not having to deal with drunken idiots.

    College games are a lot of fun to go to, but I haven't been to a Bengals game in probably 8-9 years and I don't see that changing any time soon.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Part of me wonders if on a very long horizon the NFL isn't going to have trouble selling out games. The short schedule makes each game a big event, but it's a better experience watching at home now with HDTV, especially not having to deal with drunken idiots.

    College games are a lot of fun to go to, but I haven't been to a Bengals game in probably 8-9 years and I don't see that changing any time soon.
    Perhaps on the very long time frame. But there's a lot of drinking at college football games too, and a lot more tailgating and they still have no problem bringing in crowds. Of course Big Ten stadiums don't serve beer once you're in the stadium.(Or is that just Indiana schools?) That may make a difference in the behavior of the crowd.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  11. #11
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,267

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Perhaps on the very long time frame. But there's a lot of drinking at college football games too, and a lot more tailgating and they still have no problem bringing in crowds. Of course Big Ten stadiums don't serve beer once you're in the stadium.(Or is that just Indiana schools?) That may make a difference in the behavior of the crowd.
    I think the college game differs in that many of the fans could face expulsion from school for inappropriate behavior if they get too rowdy.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  12. #12
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Part of me wonders if on a very long horizon the NFL isn't going to have trouble selling out games. The short schedule makes each game a big event, but it's a better experience watching at home now with HDTV, especially not having to deal with drunken idiots.

    College games are a lot of fun to go to, but I haven't been to a Bengals game in probably 8-9 years and I don't see that changing any time soon.
    I don't think its going to be a problem.

    Even with the alcoholic experience, if it looks like a game isn't going to sell out, it gets blacked out in the local area. Once the announcement is made, people either buy tickets or companies purchase an allotment to give to employees.

    And of course, if the game does get blacked out, then HDTV really doesn't help (unless you live outside of the blackout restricted area).

    The blackout policy is why teams with horrendous owners (aka the Bengals) can still make a profit even when their team is in the toilet. If the Reds have a bad season, fan support drops and attendance plummets. Not the case with the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  13. #13
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,171

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    I've been to 2 Colts games in the last 2 years, and have yet to see the drunken behavior I've witnessed at Bengals games. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it is much more rare, in my experience.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,206

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I've been to 2 Colts games in the last 2 years, and have yet to see the drunken behavior I've witnessed at Bengals games. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it is much more rare, in my experience.
    I think a lot of that has to do with the availability of parking right by the stadium. Outside of the south side of the stadium, generally people are walking a few blocks to get to the game(or so it would appear). IMO, the Bengals didn't have as many behavior problems when games were at Riverfront because the majority of the fans were walking across the bridge over Ft. Washington Way to get to the games. Those fans generally weren't tailgating either because they were parking in garages, and not in lots right next to the stadium.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

  15. #15
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Drunk Browns fan tackles 8 year old boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I've been to 2 Colts games in the last 2 years, and have yet to see the drunken behavior I've witnessed at Bengals games. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it is much more rare, in my experience.
    The experience in Indianapolis is wonderful. I've never had a bad time at either dome. The fans are friendly and polite outside of a few knuckleheads; that equation is reversed in Cincinnati. I'm going to my second Bengals game of the year Sunday and I know I have a 50/50 chance of enjoying myself without some drunk picking a fight with me or my friends and/or puking on us.

    When I lived in Cleveland it was even worse than Cincinnati. I attended the infamous "beer bottle game" against Jacksonville. It is the only time in my life where I sincerely feared for my safety at a sporting event.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25