Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating ivy

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Eating ivy

My take on that is if you have to go to those lengths to play the game there, you shouldn't be playing the game there.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

So after the kickoffs and after turnovers they will just move the ball to the same spot on the other side of the field I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    So after the kickoffs and after turnovers they will just move the ball to the same spot on the other side of the field I guess?
    Yeah that is the plan going to be strange to see a football game where both teams are constantly going the same direction. The only way anything would go the other direction would be if the defense or special teams scores a TD.

By the way this is one of 2 college games in MLB parks tomorrow. Army and Notre Dame are playing in Yankee Stadium tomorrow night.

*Coin flip*

Ref: "OK, Northwestern, you have won the toss. Would you like to defend or receive?"
    NW: "Receive."
    Ref: "Northwestern has chosen to receive. Illinois, which goal would you..., ah, screw it. You lost...go play defense over there."
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Allstate must be paying a whole bunch of money to these teams - and to the Big T(elev)en - in order for them to put up with this ridiculous configuration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I love this picture. The whitish-grayish building in the upper right handed corner is where I used to live, although I'm sure it's not the same building today.

It'll be the old "losers walk" routine from playground football days.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Yeah that is the plan going to be strange to see a football game where both teams are constantly going the same direction. The only way anything would go the other direction would be if the defense or special teams scores a TD.

By the way this is one of 2 college games in MLB parks tomorrow. Army and Notre Dame are playing in Yankee Stadium tomorrow night.
    I would think on a punt they'll stop the game and switch ends of the field so that the receiving team would have a chance to run it back for a td, right? I didn't read the article, just heard about it on the radio.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I would think on a punt they'll stop the game and switch ends of the field so that the receiving team would have a chance to run it back for a td, right? I didn't read the article, just heard about it on the radio.
    The other end zone can still be used for defensive and special teams TDs. I believe they will still kick normally and assuming the kick isn't run back after the runner is down they will spot the ball on the other side.

How is it possible this wasn't discovered until this week?
    The stadium's been there for almost 100 years, you'd think they'd have measured it out before deciding to play the game there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    How is it possible this wasn't discovered until this week?
    The stadium's been there for almost 100 years, you'd think they'd have measured it out before deciding to play the game there.
    It wasn't discovered, it was finally brought up to the insurance companies I suppose.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

That is going to be one weird game to watch highlights of during my college football viewing tomorrow.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Unlike this picture, it looks like the field is laid out to RF for the game tomorrow.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?