Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds re-sign Ramon Hernandez to 1 year deal

Reds re-sign Ramon Hernandez to 1 year deal

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Reds re-sign Ramon Hernandez to 1 year deal

Mesoraco's not ready. Walt doesn't want Corky as the backup. That's what the deal says to me.

Sorry if that's not constructive, but that just about sums up my feelings here. IMO, Hanny was ready for starter, and Mes in the wings- Like sava, I say "why?"

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I think it makes perfect sense.

Mesoraco's not ready. Walt doesn't want Corky as the backup. That's what the deal says to me.
    Deal says to me, Hanigan will be backup all year. I don't care as much about Mes as that. Walt's already screwed half my avatar. Watch him bring OCab back to screw up the other half.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Walt subscribes to the "if it aint broke" school. We won 91 games with Gomes, Hernandez, etc. I think we'll see pretty much the same split as last year and if Mesoraco really forces the issue, Hernandez can most likely be moved at the deadline.

Let's be honest, Corky has a great name, a great mustache, and handles his pitchers well, but his back qualifies him for nothing more than occasional start. I don't think Walt wanted to go in to 2011 like that.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I think it makes perfect sense.

Their roles (H & H) heading into next season should be reversed from how they began this season... I hope everyone is on board with that going in.

$3 million contract
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    $3 million contract
    Oh man that's way too much for 35 y/o RH, IMO.

We're going to pay a backup catcher 3 mill? Doubtful I'm guessing...
    Last edited by WMR; 11-15-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Their roles (H & H) heading into next season should be reversed from how they began this season... I hope everyone is on board with that going in.
    If that's the case... I'm on board. But with Dusty... we all know it doesn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    If that's the case... I'm on board. But with Dusty... we all know it doesn't work that way.

Until Hernandez gets banged up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

It's a one year deal. I can live with that.

Let's see if Mes's 2010 is a fluke or the norm before we anoint him as the be all/end all solution. If he puts up good numbers at AAA through the end of July, then look to make some kind of move.

Hannigan strikes me as a part timer. Not sure he is an everyday player.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

I like Corky Miller, but I only want him playing if someone better has gotten hurt. Good move, hopefully it'll be Mes and Hanigan in 2012.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Because it was not a bad idea.

Most teams need two catchers. Hanigan is not the type of guy who is going to produce if he is forced to play 140+ games.

If Menorasco forces himself onto the ML roster then the Reds can flip Hernandez.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?