• Great I love the idea, this is a grand move by MLB

9 30.00%
  • Horrible, we are not the NBA

16 53.33%
  • Don't care, it's not a big deal

2 6.67%
  • Still not sure, let me think about it for a bit

3 10.00%

Thread: Is adding more playoff games good, bad, evil or what?

Is adding more playoff games good, bad, evil or what?

MLB is looking into and will probably add another round of playoffs by adding another WC team, is that:

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is adding more playoff games good, bad, evil or what?

It the two WC teams play a one game winner take all round it might work out

Weneed fewer playoff teams. The World Series has become anticlimatic. There are a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 34 games before we even get to the World Series.

i would just do it like the NFL and 12 teams. id realign the divisions as well and have 4 divisions per league w/ 2 wildcards.

Hey. Let's go to a 120 game schedule for seeding purposes and put everyone in the playoffs. Make them all 7 game series.

Im kinda torn on this. I like having more playoff teams for a couple of reasons:
    1. I think if more teams have a chance of playoffs, more markets would be interested in baseball for longer.
    2. My own selfish reason. I love baseball and more games equals better for me.

But on the other hand I dont like it because baseball is the one pro sport were just making the playoffs is a major accomplishment in itself. All MLB teams that make the playoffs are good and its not watered down. My answer would probably be to have a salary cap instead of expanded playoffs if they really want the competative balance they are looking for.

I want the season brought back to 154 games with an unbalanced schedule; and,
    get the Brewers the heck away from the National League and put them back in the AL where they belong. Come on, Bud, it's not that hard to figure out.

I'm torn as well. I like the idea of more playoff teams = more fans excited about their teams. The NFL has it right where they keep more teams in contention meaning more fans have a reason not only to watch their team but other teams as well. I know atleast in my case when the Reds are winning I might be interested longer into the season and watching other teams as well.

The ONLY way I would want more playoff teams would be if there is one extra wildcard team in each league and they have a one game, winner take all showdown the day the after the season ends. There are a lot of benefits to it but in my mind the most important one is it puts the wild card team at a disadvantage against division winners since they more than likely would have to burn their #1 starter in the playoff game and they would go into the real playoffs with their top pitch only able to pitch one game in the opening round.

Anything more than a one game series, or one extra team I am adamantly opposed to.

I hate to see the Series being played in the crappy Novemer weather. I'd not be opposed to a one game playoff between the wildcard teams, but I don't want to push the series back any later.
    Sto Pro Veritate

I'd like to see it expanded. It makes a lot of sense to me, but I would think they would have to reduce the number of games in the regular season too.

Not sure what their plans are, but it would be a good thing for the best teams in each league to be rewarded. Right now there isn't a huge difference in winning your division and winning the wildcard. A better system would reward those who earned it throughout the year.

I'm not against the idea, but I would add a salary cap, instant replay and/or division realignment first because I think those are much more pressing issues.

The other ideas won't make as much money, so I can see why Selig is trying to push for this first.

I'd like to go to add two more teams and have an eight division MLB with no wild card. I think it's a crime when a second place team plays in the playoffs.

Now get off my lawn!
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?