Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Going under the knife.

Going under the knife.

Well, it looks like the bulging disc I've been dealing with for years finally blew out last month when I was sitting down in my car last month. I've been pretty miserable for the past month, unable to stand for more than a minute or two without excruciating pain in my left leg. So I'm going to have what is called a microdiscectomy on Tuesday. Wish me luck.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Going under the knife.

All the best. A fellow employee of mine is going into surgery Monday for pretty much the same thing.

Good luck with plenty of rest.

My sister had the same procedure. Changed her life. She did say the recovery was difficult, just because of the restrictions, but not painful, and worth it in the end.

Surgery is always scary, but it really is as safe as most things we do in life.

Best of luck
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Best wishes!

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

I've been through surgery once - an appecdectomy. The main thing I remember is right before they knocked me out, the doctor told me to count down from 100 by threes. I'm pretty sure I only made it to 97. When I came to, it was just like nothing had ever happened, except I was sans 1 appendix and a little loopy. Which, of course, was entertainment for everybody else.

Anyway, no real point to my story, just wanted to share. Best of luck to you Yachtzee, I'm sure everything will go just fine.

This will be my third surgery. The doctor says the recovery will be more like the recovery I had for my appendectomy (not bad at all) than the recovery from ACL surgery, which was 6 months of hell involving lots of painful physical therapy.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Back problems are no fun. I only get them about once every year or two when I forget to lift something carefully. It's good that the solution sounds like it won't hurt as much as the problem does.

Time for the obligatory bad pun.

Hope you're back to normal soon.

Edit: As soon as I posted, I got the Find Spinal Decompression ad at the top of the page.

Best wishes, hope you have a speedy recovery.

You're in my prayers Yachtzee. I hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Thanks for all the well wishes. I've been recovering over the Thanksgiving holiday (no cooking or cleaning for once).

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Thanks for all the well wishes. I've been recovering over the Thanksgiving holiday (no cooking or cleaning for once).
    That's what it would take to get out of cooking and cleaning at my house, too.
    Best wishes!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?