Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you want for Christmas?

Re: What do you want for Christmas?

World Peace? But I'll settle for Puhols to the AL where I don't have to hear about him day after day after day after day.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I want some footwaer for my mother. My father says she may not have much time, as she is suffering from an illness. (She's been sick for quite some time.) I think a nice pair of shoes could bring a smile to her face. I'd like for her to wear her finest clothes, in the unfortunate event that she passes tonight and meets Jesus.

#christmassongsthatdrivemecrazy
    This post wins at life. I adore Christmas and love celebrating the season but that song annoys the ever loving crap out of me, LOL

There's not a whole lot that I normally ask for at Christmas time but this year I'd love to get the latest Reds stuff that came out (Reds Memories DVD, the latest books that came out whose names I'm drawing blank on right now). I usually buy my mom something Reds related so I need to check things out at Redsfest and see if I can find something fun for her next year. I got her a great large photo of the Big Red Machine last year and got a nice frame for it. She loved it and has it in her family room.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    I want some footwaer for my mother. My father says she may not have much time, as she is suffering from an illness. (She's been sick for quite some time.) I think a nice pair of shoes could bring a smile to her face. I'd like for her to wear her finest clothes, in the unfortunate event that she passes tonight and meets Jesus.

#christmassongsthatdrivemecrazy
    YouTube - Patton Oswalt - Christmas Shoes
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

That the Reds get some quality players this offseason that are under 38 years old.

I asked for some MMA gloves and a new pair of pants (I've lost too much weight)

Getting a PS3 Move just because I can't really think of anything else to tell the old folks.

My little girl will be 21 months on Christmas so I really am just concerned with her enjoying it. I have bought my wife some really nice gifts as well.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I'll take time off from work and time with family. Anything above that is icing on the cake.

I want a fish eye lens for my camera.

I got my present today.

For 6.5 years, I've been reporting at work to someone who's only talent was the ability to regularly get horizontal with the right man in the organization.

He recently retired, and today I was liberated. Someone else now reports to her and I report directly to the person at the absolute top of our functional silo.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I just want a Free Enes.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Getting a PS3 Move just because I can't really think of anything else to tell the old folks.

My little girl will be 21 months on Christmas so I really am just concerned with her enjoying it. I have bought my wife some really nice gifts as well.
    When my daughter was two the commotion of Christmas was too much for her so she politely slipped into another room and quietly flipped through her favorite books. We knew it would be a hilarious scene years later so we snapped a picture for "evidence".

So don't be disappointed if she doesn't really get into it just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    When my daughter was two the commotion of Christmas was too much for her so she politely slipped into another room and quietly flipped through her favorite books. We knew it would be a hilarious scene years later so we snapped a picture for "evidence".

So don't be disappointed if she doesn't really get into it just yet.
    I won't, but I don't think that's going to be a problem. She never just slips off. She might leave the room, but she is going to be dragging you, by the finger, along with her.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

asked for a colt mccoy jersey and a PS3 game (Mafia 2). Wanted some golf stuff. Other than that, just waking up in my home with my bills paid and a little health and watching some good football is good enough for me. I'm to the age now where I like to give to others more than I do receive.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-0

I want my mother to pay closer attention when I tell her what to get my kids for Christmas. Will she do this? No, because Dollar General always has a knock off of the requested toy. It's not that I don't appreciate the gifts, but rather the fact that somehow a cheap gift that is crap seems better than the right gift that actually works as advertised.
    Last year, she bought my son an "Erect It" set.

Yes, "Erect It".
    Last edited by SunDeck; 12-14-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I want my mother to pay closer attention when I tell her what to get my kids for Christmas. Will she do this? No, because Dollar General always has a knock off of the requested toy. It's not that I don't appreciate the gifts, but rather the fact that somehow a cheap gift that is crap seems better than the right gift that actually works as advertised.
    Last year, she bought my son an "Erect It" set.

Yes, "Erect It".
    I wouldn't Google that.

Pay attention to the open sky

Turn Off Ads?