Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #16 prospect?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junior Arias

7 9.72%
  • Tucker Barnhart

0 0%
  • Drew Cisco

0 0%
  • Daniel Corcino

0 0%
  • Jonathan Correa

2 2.78%
  • Danny Dorn

0 0%
  • Juan Duran

10 13.89%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

0 0%
  • Jordan Hotchkiss

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

1 1.39%
  • Matt Klinker

1 1.39%
  • Ryan LaMarre

28 38.89%
  • Sam Lecure

7 9.72%
  • Kris Negron

2 2.78%
  • Felix Perez

1 1.39%
  • Henry Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Neftali Soto

4 5.56%
  • Daryl Thompson

1 1.39%
  • Ronald Torreyes

8 11.11%
  • Kyle Waldrop

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #16 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #16 prospect?

For those that saw LaMarre in Dayton, what does he have the Henry Rodriguez doesn't have? Henry out hit him by better than 30 points and out slugged him by better than 75 points. OBP seems to be the only number that really stands out for LaMarre.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    For those that saw LaMarre in Dayton, what does he have the Henry Rodriguez doesn't have? Henry out hit him by better than 30 points and out slugged him by better than 75 points. OBP seems to be the only number that really stands out for LaMarre.
    Patience, though you noted that. Better defensive value. Much better speed (though H Rod isn't slow). More potential in his bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    There is alot of value in a guy who is seen as someone who has a better than average shot at just making the major leagues. LaMarre seems like the type you can see that happening with fairly easily. He just has no glaring weaknesses that would seem to prevent it. And at this juncture in the voting he is going against mostly youngsters a good portion of which will never see the show, we just don't know which guys that will be.

Besides if you have a favorite give us a scouting report and maybe you can change some minds. That is part of why we do this because very few of us have legitimate info on any of these guys this far down the list. To me the numbers they put up are mostly meaningless without a scouting report to go with it.
    I just think there a bunch of guys left with much higher potentials and better scouting reports left on the board. Lamarre's advantage of production versus the other guys is only in A ball, which is not significant enough to me to offset his scouting report. I think he is a very good prospect and am excited to follow him next year but as deep as the Reds minor leagues are I dont see him for another few picks until he shows that he is better than his scouting reports (which may have been influenced due to his injury in colllege).
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    I just think there a bunch of guys left with much higher potentials and better scouting reports left on the board. Lamarre's advantage of production versus the other guys is only in A ball, which is not significant enough to me to offset his scouting report. I think he is a very good prospect and am excited to follow him next year but as deep as the Reds minor leagues are I dont see him for another few picks until he shows that he is better than his scouting reports (which may have been influenced due to his injury in colllege).
    Then perhaps we need to see some of these scouting reports I mean I see alot of potentially exciting names but I personally don't know enough about them and I'm guessing there are others who feel the same. We've seen too many put up good numbers at Billings and below and never amount to anything.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?