Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Yasmani Grandal or Chris Sale?

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Yasmani Grandal or Chris Sale?

Given the emergence of Mesoraco, anyone now wishing we had gone with Chris Sale instead of Grandal?

Afraid I am.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Yasmani Grandal or Chris Sale?

I too think Sale is a huge talent but was swayed by people who know more than I that one should stay away from him. Don't know if you read the minor league board or not but DougDirt who knows his stuff on these guys says teams stayed away because of his arm angle? When he throws apperently it's not good at all and almost all that throw with that motion wind up injured and at a young age. He talked about it on the draft day thread and also mentioned it when others taked of who the would like the Reds to select.
    Don't shoot the messenger just passing along the reasons why it is said many passed on him.

More possible trading chips to spin for more pressing needs?

Easy to say that now. I'm not huge on taking high school players anyway with your first rounder.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 13 in hall View Post
    I too think Sale is a huge talent but was swayed by people who know more than I that one should stay away from him. Don't know if you read the minor league board or not but DougDirt who knows his stuff on these guys says teams stayed away because of his arm angle? When he throws apperently it's not good at all and almost all that throw with that motion wind up injured and at a young age. He talked about it on the draft day thread and also mentioned it when others taked of who the would like the Reds to select.
    Don't shoot the messenger just passing along the reasons why it is said many passed on him.
    Thanks. I hadn't heard that.

Turn Off Ads?