Turn Off Ads?

Thread: FanGraphs Chat

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

FanGraphs Chat

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...s-chat-112480/
    Here are some Reds mentions:
    12:03
    [Comment From Dusty Baker]
    What should I expect from Drew Stubbs this year, stats-wise?
    12:03
    Dave Cameron: A lot of strikeouts. Beyond that, I'm not really sure. i like the tools, but I wonder if pitchers will figure him out sooner than later.
    12:35
    [Comment From ryan]
    How much playing time will Heisey get in CIN?
    12:35
    Dave Cameron: Not enough. They didn't bring Gomes back to sit, unfortunately.
    12:51
    [Comment From Cody]
    What do you think of the nudge that Votto received (over Pujols) in the NL MVP voting because his team made the playoffs? Is that fair considering both had almost identical seasons?
    12:51
    Dave Cameron: Votto had an MVP caliber year. I don't have any problem with anyone voting for him for any reason, really.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: FanGraphs Chat

Regarding Stubbs, his second half split was far better than his first half even though the K's remained high. Yet, he wonders if pitchers will figure him out. It seems to me that pitchers are very quick to pick up on weaknesses. It doesn't even take a time around the league. Perhaps he is referring to a counter adjustment by pitchers yet to be made.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&year=2010&t=b

Re: FanGraphs Chat

I'd like to see what happens when Stubbs adjusts to the clear hole in his swing inside, that was attacked all of last year.

Even if he never adjusts to that, I'd love to see what Stubbs can do when he learns to bunt.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Turn Off Ads?