Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How about Ellsbury

Re: How about Ellsbury

Ellsbury was once the #13 prospect in all of baseball according to BA. Just sayin'.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Ellsbury was once the #13 prospect in all of baseball according to BA. Just sayin'.
    And what was Corey Paterson? Just askin'

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    And catching remains a premium position that if it can be filled in-house, well, for a club w/ limited resources like the reds, it puts a huge value on mesoraco. And makes him worth, in my view, way more than ellsbury. And I like ellsbury. A lot.
    Agree. I like Ellsbury, but Mesoraco has a chance to provide way more value to the Reds. Now, it may not happen, but as always with prospects, it comes down to an organization knowing its possible gold from its probable pyrite.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    If I remember right, Salty was up there back then, too.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    If I remember right, Salty was up there back then, too.
    His peak was pre-2006 at #18.

Rajai Davis, a very similar player to Ellsbury, was recently traded for 2 AA relievers. I don't get the Ellsbury love here. He's a decent, not great, player. No way is Alonso fair value for the Reds. Alonso only makes sense because Votto is here blocking him. Mesoraco is totally nuts for Ellsbury as well. I'd say, maybe Heisey and DRH.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Rajai Davis, a very similar player to Ellsbury, was recently traded for 2 AA relievers. I don't get the Ellsbury love here. He's a decent, not great, player. No way is Alonso fair value for the Reds. Alonso only makes sense because Votto is here blocking him. Mesoraco is totally nuts for Ellsbury as well. I'd say, maybe Heisey and DRH.
    Personally, I'd rather keep Heisey and deal Alonso. The thing about 1B is that if a guy isn't elite, then he's an interchangeable part. At this point, Alonso is an interchangeable part. I'd rather have Heisey.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I don't understand the Ellsbury love either. I wouldn't deal either Alonso or Mesoraco for him, but then my evaluation of Alonso is much higher than RZ's average.

I would rather a guy like Ellsbury in left field then bank on a prospect to pan out...

I would give up Alonso rather quickly to get Jacoby...a .350+ OBP with some pop and the ability to fill two huge holes with one player. - He was a 4 win player in 2008 and 3 win player in 2009.

Bill James line for next year has him at .300/.355/ with 59 SB's - that would be awfully nice for not giving up anything to the nucleus that took us to the playoffs last year
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Turn Off Ads?