Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Actor and Reds Fan Leslie Nielsen Dead At Age 84

Re: Actor and Reds Fan Leslie Nielsen Dead At Age 84

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    One of my favorite comedic actors. I'm probably in the small minority who actually remember the short lived series "Police Squad," that led to the Naked Gun series. I loved the scenes where they would be having a shoot-out while hiding behind trash cans only a few feet apart.

RIP
    "Police Squad" was great. Having the special guest star killed during the opening credits every week was inspired.

RIP, Mr. Nielsen.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Best part of "Police Squad" was the fake freeze-frame at the end of every episode. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

"Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

I loved the opening credits of "Police "Squad" which showed Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln, with Lincoln responding to being shot at while at Ford's Theater by whirling around and returning fire. I've read that had "Police Squad" made it to a second season plans were to replace "Lincoln" with "Gandhi" returning fire with a machine gun.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I adored Leslie Neilsen, I must have seen every silly comedy he's done in the last 25-30 years a dozen or more times each. I have never seen Police Squad, but obviously I loved the Naked Gun which was based on it. My affinity for his films made my wife absolutely despise him. She is not much of a slapstick type anyway, but I liked his films so much she just can't stand to watch any of them. She just cringes and leaves the room when one is on.

Anyway, RIP Leslie, I will miss you greatly.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    One of my favorite comedic actors. I'm probably in the small minority who actually remember the short lived series "Police Squad," that led to the Naked Gun series. I loved the scenes where they would be having a shoot-out while hiding behind trash cans only a few feet apart.

RIP
    I liked the scene in which Nielson's character was working undercover as a locksmith. The keyboard behing him had a hook marked "Florida keys."

He picked a lock to get into the criminals office. The criminal walked in and caught him and asked who he was and how he got in. Neilson replied "I'm a locksmith, and I'm a locksmith."
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Police Squad was terrific. "In Color!"

My favorite scene from the Naked Gun movies was the first movie, when he's in his kitchen and he sniffs the take-out box from the restaurant that closed down "years ago." The look on his face as he drops to the floor makes me cry laughing every single time I see it.

Truly one-of-a-kind. He'll be missed.

Loved this guy. RIP.

I liked it when they brought him to do a promo for the Bengals first furay into Monday Night football in like 15 years.

YouTube - Monday Night Football Promo with Leslie Nielsen

RIP Mr. Nielsen. You did a fine job, and we're all behind you.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?