Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Greinke

Re: Greinke

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    It won't happen. Reds have enough cheap starting pitching. And Reds can't compete with large market teams going after Greinke.

But keep dreaming.
    The Reds cannot compete with Total Payroll... But not competing with the Yanks and Red Sox for Trades? Hello Mr. Negative...

The Yankees farm system isnt very good, the Sox not much better, and the Rangers farm system is down to a few blus chips...

Look what Seattle got for Lee, Smoak and a couple other prospects, nothing special.

Greinke would cost the Reds Volquez and about 2-3 "prospects"

In fact, I think a package of Volquez, Heisey, a prospect, and I am serious about this next player... Gomes with his 20 Homers and 80+ RBI getting Greinke...

Greinke is exactley the type of player/pitcher this team needs... another bonafide 200+ Inning pitcher with serious talent to go with Arroyo while Wood, Leake, etc... continue to develop.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I meant, we can't afford to add that much payroll.
    He's under contract through 2012 and it's also a contract that's very favorable to the team that has him ($38 million/4 years). After that the Reds wouldn't be able to keep him if they sign Votto, but he would be here for the main run at a World Series title and at the end of that period if Votto can't be signed then the Reds could focus on Greinke.

I actually think the biggest problem is probably the prospects the Reds can offer. Yes, they have some good ones but they're not as good as what the Rangers have. The Rangers actually didn't give up any of their top prospects other than Smoak to acquire Lee and their two top pitching prospects outside of Feliz (at least among prospects at the beginning of last year) are still on the farm.

Has anyone considered that he might not want to play in cincy? he has a no trade clause so he can pick and chose where he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Has anyone considered that he might not want to play in cincy? he has a no trade clause so he can pick and chose where he goes.
    With the emergance of the young talent on this team, it has to be very interesting to "younger" players looking to hook up with a potentially contending team. But, as the Reds just extended Arroyo, I doubt there is any more interest in trading for a high $$ pitcher, given the young promising arms already in the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    With the emergance of the young talent on this team, it has to be very interesting to "younger" players looking to hook up with a potentially contending team. But, as the Reds just extended Arroyo, I doubt there is any more interest in trading for a high $$ pitcher, given the young promising arms already in the fold.
    I don't think Arroyo's extension does anything to counter any othr future moves... It actually gives more flexibility as it is 11 Million in both 2012-2013.

It's possible. But I think what he wants is to not go to a big-market city and be on a good team. The Reds would provide both of those. In addition, the Reds would have fielding of a quality that he's never seen before; I'm sure he'd find that attractive.

I believe it's limited, and the Reds are not on the list of teams he doesn't want to be traded to.

He's actually looking for a team just like the Reds... small town, but competitive.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I believe it's limited, and the Reds are not on the list of teams he doesn't want to be traded to.

He's actually looking for a team just like the Reds... small town, but competitive.
    Yep.

While the Blue Jays may face an obstacle in landing the ace, other potential suitors are not on the no-trade list. The Braves, Reds, and Rangers were all left off of the fifteen team list.

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have been doing some thinking. The Royals have put Greinke out there on the market and I think that if the Reds start a package of Edinson Volquez, and Chris Heisey along with a few other prospects. The parting with Volquez would be strong enough to get this deal done. The payroll could be absorbed and the Reds get a guaranteed 200+ Innings and a guy to slide right behind Arroyo in the rotation.

Volquez might go on to win 15-20 games a year but he is an Injury risk. Grienke is Kevin Brown stuff in a Prime Years Body who would fit in perfect with this young team.

Arroyo
    Greinke
    Leake
    Wood
    Bailey
    Someone on the Big Boy Board made the point that the Royals' great prospects are all 2-3 years away so any prospects they'd want to add would probably have to be younger and cheaper than Volquez; this makes sense. I doubt the Reds want to deal Wood but Leake seems more likely. Any Greinke deal I would start with Leake and Sappelt, then add guys I've never heard of but I'd sound like I knew what I was talking about if I dropped their names. But like I said elsewhere, Greinke's anxiety issues might be something we don't want to gloss over when paying through the nose for a "true ace".
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

No thanks on Grienke, he has had anxiety problems and after dealing with that on a daily basis with my wife I would stay away. It is just a matter of time before he has an issue just like it is a matter of time before Votto has another issue.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    No thanks on Grienke, he has had anxiety problems and after dealing with that on a daily basis with my wife I would stay away. It is just a matter of time before he has an issue just like it is a matter of time before Votto has another issue.
    We'll take Greinke, you keep your wife and don't trade her to the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    We'll take Greinke, you keep your wife and don't trade her to the Reds

I am just saying that I would not want to build my team around guys with anxiety issues, it will always rear its ugly head. I would look to deal Votto right now while he is relatively cheap and his value is at its highest.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

per insider:
    One unnamed Royals official told Bob Dutton in Sunday's Kansas City Star: "We'd want two young players who can make a major impact, and maybe two guys who can help us out in some way. If we don't get that, we don't make the trade. It's that simple."
    Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun reports Saturday that the Blue Jays remain very interested in Greinke's services. The Jays could offer right-hander Kyle Drabek and (Brett) Lawrie as part of a package, and have right fielder Travis Snider and catcher Travis d'Arnaud to dangle in front of Dayton Moore.
    there is more to the story if you have espn access but these are key points for reds fans to remember.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by urdun View Post
    One unnamed Royals official told Bob Dutton in Sunday's Kansas City Star: "We'd want two young players who can make a major impact, and maybe two guys who can help us out in some way. If we don't get that, we don't make the trade. It's that simple."
    Two young players who can make a major impact:
    1. One of Bailey, Cueto, Volquez or Leake. I don't wanna give up Travis Wood.
    2. KC's current roster in terms of Outfielders lists as starters Gregor Blanco in CF. He played in about 50 games last year and has 2 years in the majors. Jarryd Dyson, drafted in the 50th round, played in 18 games last year in his first season batting .211. And David Lough, a former 11th round draft pick, who has never played in the majors. I think KC could use a possible outfield impact player. I'd give them Heisey.

Two young players who can help us out in some way:
    Two of the following list - Dorn, Jordan Smith (other than Soria, Hughes and Robinson Tejeda, KC's bullpen was a disaster), Jared Burton, Matt Maloney, Daryl Thompson, Matt Klinker, Dennis Phipps, Kris Negron, Sean Henry........

If they chose Smith, Burton, Maloney, or Thompson as their second group 2, they would pick up 4 players with major league service..........not bad.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 12-06-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by urdun View Post
    per insider:

there is more to the story if you have espn access but these are key points for reds fans to remember.
    Snider, Drabek, Lawrie, & catcher Travis d'Arnaud ?

That would be a good trade for the Royals!

I know the Reds could put a comparible package together but if I was Dayton Moore, I would probably take that package...

Turn Off Ads?