Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    81

    Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Per MLBTraderumos.com the Cards traded for Ryan Theriot and signed LHP Brian Tallet from Toronto. What you say about this an upgrade yes but not earth shattering but Get a move on Walt!!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Quote Originally Posted by 13 in hall View Post
    Per MLBTraderumos.com the Cards traded for Ryan Theriot and signed LHP Brian Tallet from Toronto. What you say about this an upgrade yes but not earth shattering but Get a move on Walt!!
    Greinke, BJ Upton, and sign Carl Crawford.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    So because the Cards made a very basic move Walt needs to react to that? I trust Walt understands his budget structure and his roster and will make a move if and when the right move is there.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Midland Texas
    Posts
    553

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    It's still early. He will make some moves this year.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    913

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Greinke, BJ Upton, and sign Carl Crawford.
    add in super models to pleasure me at the game.

    We are talking about scenarios that in no way are going to happen, right?

    BTW....the riot sucks. The Cards can have him. How many sub .700 OPS guys are the Cards going to have on one team?
    Last edited by scott91575; 11-30-2010 at 11:31 PM.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,324

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Good God there goes our shot at the pennant.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Milford, Clifton
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    The Cardinals might not even finish in second next year at this rate.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

  9. #8
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,547

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    The Cardinals might not even finish in second next year at this rate.
    Lets be real, the Cards will always be in contention in this bad division esp. when they have the starting pitching they have.

    This move is actually an upgrade to what they have and adds depth to the bench. I like Skip Schumaker but that experiment at 2nd has failed. Besides, this a minor move and I expect the Cards to make more moves towards the winter meetings.

    I'm also intrigued by the pick up of that left hander. His splits against left handers is very good and should be a nice replacement for Reyes. Also, him getting out of the AL East will always help pitchers.

    Versus left handed batters in the AL East, opponents hit .176 and he had a 4.67 K/BB ratio. His overall ERA isn't that great but knowing how Tony uses his bullpen (maddening at times) he will only face left handed hitters. Plus Dave Duncan always tends to work his magic on mediocre pitchers and turns them into quality guys. Looking more at his numbers, it looks like he was actually mis-used in Toronto. I don't understand why he was allowed to pitch in 242 plate appearances by right handed batters.

    Overall the Cards have upgraded. Look for more moves to come.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 12-01-2010 at 12:09 AM.

  10. #9
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Lets be real, the Cards will always be in contention in this bad division esp. when they have the starting pitching they have.

    This move is actually an upgrade to what they have and adds depth to the bench. I like Skip Schumaker but that experiment at 2nd has failed. Besides, this a minor move and I expect the Cards to make more moves towards the winter meetings.

    I'm also intrigued by the pick up of that left hander. His splits against left handers is very good and should be a nice replacement for Reyes. Also, him getting out of the AL East will always help pitchers.

    Versus left handed batters in the AL East, opponents hit .176 and he had a 4.67 K/BB ratio. His overall ERA isn't that great but knowing how Tony uses his bullpen (maddening at times) he will only face left handed hitters. Plus Dave Duncan always tends to work his magic on mediocre pitchers and turns them into quality guys. Looking more at his numbers, it looks like he was actually mis-used in Toronto. I don't understand why he was allowed to pitch in 242 plate appearances by right handed batters.

    Overall the Cards have upgraded. Look for more moves to come.
    Cards are going down.

    Everyone on their team is due to start having injuries. They're done.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    74

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Let's not forget that the Cardinals also signed Westbrook to an extension earlier this off season. Their rotation is crazy good. So far they have got better. We lost Nix, and have yet to sign or replace Cairo. We also have questions in left field, and short. I don't think that these moves are deal breakers, but they are improving their team. Ours if anything has lost a couple pieces. I don't want to be impatient, but to say that I am not concerned would be untrue.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    add in super models to pleasure me at the game.

    We are talking about scenarios that in no way are going to happen, right?

    BTW....the riot sucks. The Cards can have him. How many sub .700 OPS guys are the Cards going to have on one team?
    You want Super Models to pleasure you at the Games?


  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    913

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Quote Originally Posted by jwertz View Post
    Let's not forget that the Cardinals also signed Westbrook to an extension earlier this off season. Their rotation is crazy good. So far they have got better. We lost Nix, and have yet to sign or replace Cairo. We also have questions in left field, and short. I don't think that these moves are deal breakers, but they are improving their team. Ours if anything has lost a couple pieces. I don't want to be impatient, but to say that I am not concerned would be untrue.
    Last time I checked Westbrook was on their team last year when they played awful.

    Theriot is a Punch and Judy hitter at best who doesn't even have that good of an OBP. He is essentially a slightly better defensive Schumaker without as much power (when you can't match the power of Schumaker, you might be a woman disguised as a man).

    But yeah, the sky is falling. They added another player almost exactly like the one they have. Walt hurry up and trade away the future so the Nancies can feel better about themselves!

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    913

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    You want Super Models to pleasure you at the Games?

    If we are asking for things that will never happen, why not?

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,236

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    You want Super Models to pleasure you at the Games?

    Now thats a ball game!
    And I bet we never hear "we cant spend more until fans come" again
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    913

    Re: Cards get Teriot and Tallet

    Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Now thats a ball game!
    And I bet we never hear "we cant spend more until fans come" again
    Season tickets will go fast


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25