Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
I guess I would suggest the process as such:

Once a year, we have a nomination process. The moderators could field the nominations. The minimum criteria would be certain time in rank and maybe a threshold of number of posts (though I agree with Ron I wouldn't set the number too high, but I do think there should be a minimum as this is supposed to be not just about quality, but longevity and amount of quality).

Anyone fielding at least two nominations will go up for the ballot.

The moderators then propose the Hall of Fame ballot and I would propose that both Sun Deck and ORG members vote on it (though results are hidden). The reason I propose Sun Deck members vote too is because they often read the ORG and have an objective view about the best members.

My proposal is that we set the number at 75% of the votes for admission into the Hall of Fame.

We could have the first ballot be a little bigger to account for past members that aren't necessarily active anymore. Some of the past great posters could be included on that first ballot (or subsequent ballots if they're not voted in).

Though it seems counterintuitive, if we wanted to avoid hurt feelings, we could avoid a discussion thread on the topic except for nominations. This would somewhat lessen the chance it gets too sensitive.
I don't see the upside here. Once someone is nominated, if there is discussion on his/her merits, feelings are going to be hurt. someone will dissent eventually.

Besides, in every HOF it usually means that person is retired. I prefer yearly awards because there are no hard feelings.