Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Radio Interview Postings

Reds Radio Interview Postings

Thought this might be a good one to bump whenever a Reds player or FO guy is a guest on 700 or 1530 in Cincinnati, or any other broadcast as the Caravan moves around Reds-land.

Tonight at 6:10 pm Chris Heisey kicks off the proceedings on 700 wlw. Link Here

Podcasts:
    Lance McAllister
    Reds Hot Stove
    Mo Egger

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Radio Interview Postings

Today 12/2

Yonder Alonso - 4 pm on 1530 - listen live

Drew Stubbs - 6:10 pm on 700 - listen live

Drew Stubbs will be making these appearances today:

12:05 PM - Live on WCPO Ch. 9 TV
    3:45 PM - Q102 live interview w/ Brian and Laura
    4:00 PM - 97.3 The Wolf live interview w/ Pistol Pete
    5:00 PM - WLW Live interview w/ Sloanie and Tracy
    5:20 PM - Kiss 107 interview on w/ Jordan
    5:40 PM - 1530 ESPN live interview w/ Mo Egger
    6:00 PM - WLW live interview w/ Lance McAlister

Heisey from last night with Lance McAllister:

LM: Last year I interviewed you at Redsfest with Travis Wood, could you have imagined how well the year went?

CH: Unbelievable season. Coming off great minor league season. Crazy to see how I felt last year compared to spending almost all year on the roster. Struggled some in Aug and Sept but all in all it was great.

LM: You must be learning a lot everyday in the big leagues.

CH: The vets, Miguel and Rolen have taught so much about tendencies, working on computer to study opponents, how to position yourself in OF vs certain hitters.

LM: Playoffs experience must have meant a lot. You have family in PA.

CH: Lot's of family came to see. Knowing the Reds got there meant a lot. Once you get there anything can happen. The pitching was great, but if we win Game 2 it could have been different.

LM: How to improve next year?

CH: Consistancy. Learn the keys to my swing so I'm not overwhelmed and feel like I can belong.

LM: What is your role next year per the Reds?

CH: Just want to make the team, probably come off the bench like last year. I can play all 3 OF positions. I'm fine with the same role, I had a great time.

LM: Redsfest is great right?

CH: Looking forward to it a lot. Poker tourney is great, he did well last year. Looking forward to that on Saturday.

As you might expect, loads of interviews this weekend on the radio during Redsfest. McAllister is there 6-9 tonight.

listen live

I missed the Yonder interview, but Stubbs was kind of a sleeper and I kind of zoned out. Some talk about stepping up his workout regiment as more responsibility is on his plate. Then I drifted.

Dusty

* This year was good, next year will be great
    * Getting through the first round is so important - implied that they need to stay focused better next time.
    * Happy to have Bronson - a stablizing force - saves your bullpen - huge in today's game
    * Continuity is the name of the game - means a lot to know your teammates - 220 days with the same people - players like eachother
    * Checking player's bodies now to see if working out - Seg Dennison has not been

Heisey (again)

* Let his wife buy a house sight unseen (major props, man)
    * Not used to sitting the bench, but he's fine with it
    * Likes to hit in the cages a lot even when he's not playing during the game
    * HR vs Billy Wagner and game saving catch vs Braves were highlights

Bruce:

* Division clinching HR was best moment of his life - fans always telling him about it
    * Wants to be one of the best players in the league
    * Happy with the step forward last year, but thinks he can do more
    * Wants to win a GG, defense is so important to this team
    * Every team needs a vet like Bronson
    * So happy for MVottoP
    * Playoffs are like Opening Day every game. The experience will help. Wants to get back every year or something is wrong.
    * Rolen is the epitome of a professional. Doesn't say a lot, but his example speaks volumes.
    * For years to come the playoffs will last a lot longer
    * He loves Cincinnati, wants to stay a long long time. Great group of players. Optimistic about a deal.

Bronson:

* Glad to be back for 3 more years - doesn't enjoy change - good group of young players
    * Never thought about the GG because it's not pertinent. Turned 3 3-6-1 DP's in one game in Pit.
    * Good the young players tasted just how different the playoffs are. Compared it to a free throw in the beginning of the game (reg season) vs a last second shot.
    * Avoided a major slump this year, that's why his numbers were good
    * Interesting to see what happens with Leake and Wood, as well as the rest of the rotation
    * Votto would have won 2 MVP's if not for anxiety 2 years ago. He'll be a perennial all star and hit .300
    * He'll never be an ace, but he's healthy, meticulous, and consistant - that's why he's in such high company
    * Funny story about Shilling getting a nude picture of Bronson with a sock saying "230" hanging off after pitching 230+ innings in 2006. Shilling said he couldn't pitch that many innings in 2004.

Leake:

* Looks up to Bronson
    * Watching a lot of video - doesn't like it, but it's what's needed to get better.
    * Didn't like having to get shut down early, but he's looking forward to staying in it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Leake:

* Looks up to Bronson
    * Watching a lot of video - doesn't like it, but it's what's needed to get better.
    * Didn't like having to get shut down early, but he's looking forward to staying in it next year.
    Of course he does--Bronson is about four or five inches taller. :
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?