Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2011 rotation

2011 rotation

There's a lot of talk, on here at least, about giving up a starter or 2 for Greinke. But let's assume that doesn't happen and we go into 2011 with no changes to the staff. There will be a crowded rotation once again. Makes one wonder what Walt and Dusty will do barring injuries. Interesting to take a look at the WHIP numbers from last year:

Arroyo - 1.15
    Cueto - 1.27
    Homer - 1.36
    Leake - 1.49
    Wood - 1.08!! (don't trade him for Greinke!!!)
    Volquez - not enough innings

Assuming Chapman is in the pen, where do you go with the rotation? Does Leake perform well enough in spring to earn a spot or does he become long man or does he go back to AAA as injury insurance? Personally I think Volquez, Arroyo, Cueto and Wood are locks. Homer and Leake will compete for #5.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2011 rotation

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    There's a lot of talk, on here at least, about giving up a starter or 2 for Greinke. But let's assume that doesn't happen and we go into 2011 with no changes to the staff. There will be a crowded rotation once again. Makes one wonder what Walt and Dusty will do barring injuries. Interesting to take a look at the WHIP numbers from last year:

Arroyo - 1.15
    Cueto - 1.27
    Homer - 1.36
    Leake - 1.49
    Wood - 1.08!! (don't trade him for Greinke!!!)
    Volquez - not enough innings

Assuming Chapman is in the pen, where do you go with the rotation? Does Leake perform well enough in spring to earn a spot or does he become long man or does he go back to AAA as injury insurance? Personally I think Volquez, Arroyo, Cueto and Wood are locks. Homer and Leake will compete for #5.
    Leake was amazing! I hope him and Wood aren't traded...

I would love the Reds to acquire Greinke, but I think it wouldn't take Leake or Wood.

I hope it is

Arroyo
    Greinke
    Cueto
    Wood
    Leake

Re: 2011 rotation

I agree, I love Leake and think he has a strong future with this team. I think that of Woods as well, but just havent seen him as much as I have Leake.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?