Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Drought over for Tiger?

Re: Drought over for Tiger?

Looking interesting so far. This could be the week. I'm still not convinced.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Does this count as an official PGA tour event? I am pretty certain Tiger doesn't care or not if it does. But there are only 18 golfers in the field - none of the top 7 in the world rankings. How did they choose which 18 would compete? It seems like a fairly solid field though. And a win is a win. I suppose that is the bottom line.

It's not an official PGA Tour event; however, I think their are ranking points available.

A win, any win, would be big for Tiger. --Overall, I think Tiger's game looks very strong, much stronger than I thought it would right now. I don't know if he'll win today, but if he hits it like this next year he'll win multiple times. He seems to have that look in his eye again. I'm expecting a thrilling victory from him today.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Looking interesting so far. This could be the week. I'm still not convinced.
    I'm convinced. His game hasn't looked this good in over 2 years. He hitting his driver pretty good too and that course is tight, especially with the wind.

Golf is just so much more interesting when Tiger plays well. He may be a jerk off the course, but he's still the most intriguing on it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I'm convinced. His game hasn't looked this good in over 2 years. He hitting his driver pretty good too and that course is tight, especially with the wind.

Golf is just so much more interesting when Tiger plays well. He may be a jerk off the course, but he's still the most intriguing on it.

Yep. I never really believed he was done. The only thing that made me consider that was his knee.

But he has re-invented himself time and time again throughout his career. He'll do it again, and he'll be number 1 again, I believe.

And he himself, for all his flaws, is the most interesting story in golf by far. The fallen hero, it's classic stuff.

No longer an invincable robot, now a tragic figure, victim of his own excesses.

Totally Shakespearean.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

1 shot lead over Zach Johnson going to the 13th.

Tiger now down 1 heading to 17. He's looking better than he did, but this is still not the same guy we used to see. It still doesn't even seem that close to me.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

All tied up on the 72nd, both players in the fairway. Should be a good ending.

I guess a win is a win, even if it's just a field of 18. What was most important, IMO, is that he birdied the final two holes to make it happen.

That was fun to watch. Really happy Tiger broke the streak. Hopefully he's nearer to what he used to be in 2012.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Tiger. Tiger. Birdie. Birdie. Winner. Winner. Chicken Dinner.

Exciting finish and a big win for Tiger. It's not an official win, but I'm sure Tiger could care less. The win today will help him win sooner next season.

Good to see him "back".

Yes. He'll win the Grand Slam for sure now that he's won the Chevron Open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I don't think the tournament really mattered at all. Just to be in that kinda competition late on a Sunday against one of the most clutch golfers in the world is going to do a lot for Tiger. It's been years since he's been in that kinda position and hit the shots he needed under pressure.

I'm not sure where all of the majors are going to be played at in 2012, but you know Augusta has always fit his game well. I'd be shocked if he doesn't contend for the win in April.

Turn Off Ads?