Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Drought over for Tiger?

Drought over for Tiger?

Tiger has a 4 shot lead heading into the final round of the Chevron World Challenge. He hasn't won yet, but I watched the entire round yesterday and I have seen Tiger look that good in years, even when he was still winning a couple of years ago. He was throwing darts with his irons, hitting the fairway with his driver, and making putts.

It will be interesting to see how well it holds up under Sunday pressure, but he looks like a different guy.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Drought over for Tiger?

This is turning into quite the duel between Tiger and McDowell. G-Mac gets three birdies in a row, then when it looks like he's going to get even, Tiger sinks a long putt for par. The next hole, same thing, but this one was an even tougher putt and Tiger nails it while McDowell had a tap in.

Now they've both stuck their approaches to the next hole. McDowell is giving him everything he can handle, but Tiger is still up by a shot.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I've only watched today and I think you're right about him being back. I hope so I like golf more when he's really good.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Without Tiger, golf is a snoozefest for me (excluding Ryder Cup... always love that no matter who is playing). Hope he starts making things interesting again (on the course that is).

If Tiger is able to overcome that double bogey and still win this thing, he's back.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Yeah, that double bogey was ugly.

Unfortunately, it looks like the old Tiger is back as far as his antics when he hits a bad shot, too. Grow up, Tiger. Stop acting like a spoiled child.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Yeah, that double bogey was ugly.

Unfortunately, it looks like the old Tiger is back as far as his antics when he hits a bad shot, too. Grow up, Tiger. Stop acting like a spoiled child.

Nah, it's time for him to unleash his inner McEnroe.

He's got the beard now, it's doppleganger time.

He's a million times more interesting now than he ever was before.

And he's gonna kick butt with a furious vengance in the months to come.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Uh oh, Macdowell is in big trouble off the #17 tee and Tiger in good shape. Looking like it's going to go to #18 tied up, unless G-Mac pulls off a miracle.

As an aside, I really like Macdowell. He gets the most out of his ability and he has some real grit. He reminds me of Paddy Harrington.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Nah, it's time for him to unleash his inner McEnroe.

He's got the beard now, it's doppleganger time.

He's a million times more interesting now than he ever was before.

And he's gonna kick butt with a furious vengance in the months to come.
    I think you're right about his butt kicking next year. But I certainly don't want to see his inner McEnroe.

Is that really you? Whatever happened to non-judgmental awareness? Or serenity now? Or letting go?

Macdowell had to take an unplayable, so looks like Tiger will have a lead on the 18th tee.

I guess Tiger still hasn't lost his ability to make others rumble in his presence down the stretch. Macdowell has been the epitome of consistent in his play this year and this week. He's got a lead on Tiger with two holes to go and he doesn't just hit a poor shot, he hits an awful one that's going to make him lucky to walk away with a double. The Tiger effect is still strong it seems.

Mcdowell with an unbelievable up and down to walk away with a bogey. Tied heading to #18.

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about.

Tiger stakes his approach shot to three feet on 18.

Graeme pulls his shot and has 25 feet left.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Birdie for Graeme!

And Tiger answers. To 19 we go...
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

This is good stuff.

Golf is so much better with Tiger playing for the win.

Turn Off Ads?