Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Drought over for Tiger?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Drought over for Tiger?

Man, I don't think I've ever seen Tiger hit his driver this straight and irons so consistently. He goes through the ball with total confidence now that it's visually noticeable even for novices like myself. Considering he's just now starting with this new swing, this could be scary once the putts start falling again.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Charlie Wi is going Jean Van De Velde early on...well not really, but he's 3 over on the front 9. Tiger is one shot back and Phil is tied for the lead.

Tiger vs. Phil on the back 9? Sounds like good tv to me!

Tiger faltering. 3 bogies in a row. Phil playing well.

Wow, Phil played great. Good for him. Tiger, not so much. But, Tiger will be just fine. He'll win soon.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I honestly find myself rooting against Tiger, he is just so mechanical and unlikable.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Wow, Phil played great. Good for him. Tiger, not so much. But, Tiger will be just fine. He'll win soon.
    Just a thought. But I think Tiger fans want him to win more than Tiger does himself.

Isn't this the part of the tour he normally dominates? Torrey Pines (which he skipped), Pebble, and Rivera (I don't know when this tournament his held) have always been kind to Tiger.

Tiger will win but I see a shadow of his former self. He doesn't have the invincibility that he has a number of years back. The young guns aren't afraid of him anymore. If I were a betting man I think I would bet for Tiger to win 0 majors this season.

Tiger is playing as well now as he has in a while. He's clearly not in his prime anymore, but definitely good enough to win majors going forward. I don't think tournaments like Pebble mean that much to Tiger. He's Tiger Woods. I think he's still working on parts of his game, and while I'm sure he wanted to win Sunday, I'd hardly say he's devastated by it. I think he finds a way to win the Masters this year if he can keep getting work in and stay healthy.

Tiger is hitting the ball pretty darn well, but the putter isn't there. It just isn't. I don't know if its mental, or technical, but he's not going to win until he starts to roll it with the same confidence he used to.

I was also confused by several off the tee decisions Tiger made this past weekend. He's never been a great driver of the golf ball, but he was taking 3 woods off number 2 and number 6 at Pebble, 2 very reachable par 5's. Old Tiger used to attack these par 5's, and destroy them. Now he's playing them much more conservatively. Not sure that suits him well. I also saw him take iron off #8, leaving himself over 200 yards into that green, which is bizarre in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Just a thought. But I think Tiger fans want him to win more than Tiger does himself.

Isn't this the part of the tour he normally dominates? Torrey Pines (which he skipped), Pebble, and Rivera (I don't know when this tournament his held) have always been kind to Tiger.
    I thought Tiger had been skipping Pebble for years (save US Opens, PGA champsionships, etc...) b/c of the excessive course times brought on by the amature play. I don't know if they did something to change that aspect or not, but it surprised me to see him in the field this week.

He certainly dominates Torrey Pines and has done well at Pebble too. He's never won at Riviera and really has a pretty poor record there which is kind of surprising because the course looks to suit him well. He skipped Torrey this for huge appearance dollars overseas.

Like Medford said, skipping Pebble is an easy decision now with the 6-hour rounds. Who likes that? That tournament is a joke and, in my opinion, the most boring and worst to watch on tv all year.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    He certainly dominates Torrey Pines and has done well at Pebble too. He's never won at Riviera and really has a pretty poor record there which is kind of surprising because the course looks to suit him well. He skipped Torrey this for huge appearance dollars overseas.

Like Medford said, skipping Pebble is an easy decision now with the 6-hour rounds. Who likes that? That tournament is a joke and, in my opinion, the most boring and worst to watch on tv all year.
    Isn't there a course in California that Tiger dominates? For some reason I thought it was Riviera but I guess not.

Riviera is this week. Tiger isn't entered.

Jerry West talked about it: http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakers...rust-open.html

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

For an article covering the field and Jerry West's part in reviving this tournament: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...4272207.column

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Isn't there a course in California that Tiger dominates? For some reason I thought it was Riviera but I guess not.
    Torrey with Pebble being a close 2nd.

Turn Off Ads?