Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Drought over for Tiger?

Re: Drought over for Tiger?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Looks like Tiger is coming back next week at Firestone. Not sure why, but this seems fishy to me.... I don't think it's going to last.

This will be the first time ever I won't be rooting for Tiger. Him firing Stevie was the last straw for me. I don't care if he never wins again, and kinda hope he doesn't.
    He showed an unbelievable lack of loyalty to Williams, I'll give you that. But I feel no pity for Stevie. That guy was every bit as classless as Tiger on the golf course. If Tiger really wants to remake his snarling image, getting rid of Williams can't hurt.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like Tiger is coming back next week at Firestone. Not sure why, but this seems fishy to me.... I don't think it's going to last.

This will be the first time ever I won't be rooting for Tiger. Him firing Stevie was the last straw for me. I don't care if he never wins again, and kinda hope he doesn't.
    Has he hired a new caddy?

His new caddy is a lifelong friend and someone who works in his organization (I believe). I'm not sure if that's a good move for him or not, but then again I'm not real sure how much input a caddy even has to a guy like Tiger.

I don't get why people would look down on Tiger for firing Williams, there's nothing wrong with moving on. It happens all of the time in golf, sometimes the relationship just runs its course and that is that.

Also, he's taken enough time away from the game because of his injury that I don't think he'd come back unless he was ready. He wouldn't sit out two majors and rush back for Firestone. It'll be interesting to see how he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I'm shocked that he'll be playing. Absolutely shocked. I thought he'd be done until his tournament in the offseason at Sherwood.

Tiger is certainly not making any new friends these days. He's really a first-class a******. You'd think he'd learn from this and show some humility. Maybe reach out to the one who stood by you and go the extra mile to show your gratitude for those who support you. Instead, he still acts like a pompous jerk. It's too bad really. He'll never get it.

All that being said, I still look forward to watching him play. Everytime. I love watching him play regardless of the result.

I do too. I loved watching Barry Bonds when he had the most perfect stroke ever seen.

Tiger is finally interesting, not just a robot.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

He's going to win next week.....
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

You think? I just don't see it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Tiger is a shell of his former self. It's actually depressing to watch. Even worse than MJ on the Wizards, because at least MJ still had several games where he was still dominant. Tiger just looks like another golfer. He'll never be what he was. That doesn't mean he won't win more majors, but the days of Tiger owning golf are gone for good. His age and his injury history don't bode well for future dominance. And the national media continues to ignore that for the most part, waiting for the moment where he'll re-emerge. It's unlikely to happen, quite frankly.

Am I the only one who loves the fact that Adam Scott won this week with Stevie on the bag? Worst case scenario for Tiger... must be killing him.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Am I the only one who loves the fact that Adam Scott won this week with Stevie on the bag? Worst case scenario for Tiger... must be killing him.
    I love it too. I think it's great. It's also going to spur Tiger on to win this week.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I love it too. I think it's great. It's also going to spur Tiger on to win this week.
    That was my first thought as well.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Tiger's caddy winning with Scott feels so karmically just.

I suppose I will dissent and say Tiger doesn't win the PGA.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    He showed an unbelievable lack of loyalty to Williams, I'll give you that. But I feel no pity for Stevie. That guy was every bit as classless as Tiger on the golf course. If Tiger really wants to remake his snarling image, getting rid of Williams can't hurt.
    Interesting that, in the aftermath of Scott's win and Williams giving interviews about how it was his best week ever etc., there are plenty of people within the game saying Tiger isn't the only one who needs to get over himself.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Interesting that, in the aftermath of Scott's win and Williams giving interviews about how it was his best week ever etc., there are plenty of people within the game saying Tiger isn't the only one who needs to get over himself.
    Williams has definetely had an ego thru the years, but after what has transpired over the past few weeks, I don't blame him for taking a victory lap.

Tiger can't drive the ball, and he's not putting well. I don't see him competing this week at all.

I like Luke Donald, Lucas Glover, and Rory this week.

Turn Off Ads?