Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Drought over for Tiger?

Re: Drought over for Tiger?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Being in shape as a 35 year old is much different than being in shape as a 25 year old. We see football players, basketball players, baseball players all start to break down as they age, yet Tiger is different? I don't doubt that his knee is an issue but I don't think its shredded like you say. I think ol father time is catching up to Tiger.
    I don't think golfers are in the same universe as those other sports and what it does to the body. Many golfers come into their own in their 30s, and Phil Mickelson has been better after 35 than before. Look at what Vijay did in his 40s. Hell, Tom Watson was a bad chip away from winning a major championship when he was months away from 60 years old. There are countless examples.

Golf does have some impact on the body, but overall it's not something that will cause a body to break down. The most common physical ailment for golfers in back problems. A golf swing does place a lot of stress on the back over the years. But Tiger's body breaking down has ZERO to do with any of this. It's his knee. Abnd he saw this coming from the beginning of his career. Most people thought he was nuts to walk away from Butch and go through a swing change early in his career because he was so dominant. A big part of why he did it was because he knew his knee would not hold up if he continued to swing the way he was swinging.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Being in shape as a 35 year old is much different than being in shape as a 25 year old. We see football players, basketball players, baseball players all start to break down as they age, yet Tiger is different? I don't doubt that his knee is an issue but I don't think its shredded like you say. I think ol father time is catching up to Tiger.
    Father Time typically really doesn't affect golfers until the early-mid forties. Comparing golf to the sports listed above as it affects the body is like comparing apples to oranges. Completely different. Tiger's issue is 100% knee-related (not counting his head issues....)
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

So what is tommorrow's announcement gonna be?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Shutting it down for the rest of '11?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Shutting it down for the rest of '11?
    That'd be my guess.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Are you sure there'll be an announcement?

Steinberg told The Associated Press on Monday: "There's an erroneous report that he's making an announcement, but he's not."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/st...#ixzz1Ro0mGXbN

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

This firing surprises me a bit. Apparently, Stevie had no idea either. Why wait so long? I don't feel sorry for Stevie because he's made millions with Tiger, but if this was going to happen it should've happened sooner.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    This firing surprises me a bit. Apparently, Stevie had no idea either. Why wait so long? I don't feel sorry for Stevie because he's made millions with Tiger, but if this was going to happen it should've happened sooner.
    Hard to know what goes on in the mind of Tiger. Ever since he withdrew from the TPC (?) he's been ambivilant on whether he is going to play in upcoming tournaments. He's probably thinking, "OK, I might play in the US Open so I'll need to have Stevie available for that one" and likewise for the British. If he said something like, "I'm not going to play again till the PGA" that would give Stevie an opportunity to caddie for other players in the meantime. Maybe he just got sick of the waiting and asked Tiger if it would be OK if he caddied for another pro. I'm guessing Tiger said it was OK but if he did caddie for someone else, don't expect to come back. And while I'm sure Stevie is doing OK financially he probably wants to caddie again because that's what he does and he doesn't get paid if he doesn't. He was probably tired of sitting at home waiting around to see what Tiger's next move would be.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Well from the article it sounds like it happened because he wanted to work for Adam Scott while Tiger was away. Surprised it happened two weeks ago and hasn't come out yet.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Great article and spot on. I loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Wow! Don't hold back, Rick.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Looks like Tiger is coming back next week at Firestone. Not sure why, but this seems fishy to me.... I don't think it's going to last.

This will be the first time ever I won't be rooting for Tiger. Him firing Stevie was the last straw for me. I don't care if he never wins again, and kinda hope he doesn't.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I'm shocked that he'll be playing. Absolutely shocked. I thought he'd be done until his tournament in the offseason at Sherwood.

Tiger is certainly not making any new friends these days. He's really a first-class a******. You'd think he'd learn from this and show some humility. Maybe reach out to the one who stood by you and go the extra mile to show your gratitude for those who support you. Instead, he still acts like a pompous jerk. It's too bad really. He'll never get it.

All that being said, I still look forward to watching him play. Everytime. I love watching him play regardless of the result.

Turn Off Ads?