I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Drought over for Tiger?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Tiger thought about becoming a SEAL.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/7...g-coach-writes
    Yeah, I remember years ago some stupid reporter asked him after a round what he would do if he couldn't be a pro golfer and he said said "Be a SEAL" without an instant of hesitation.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

This seems far-fetched to me.

Hank Haney is really making a fool of himself since Tiger moved on from him.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This seems far-fetched to me.

Hank Haney is really making a fool of himself since Tiger moved on from him.
    I've never been a fan of Haney. I disagree with what he teaches. He destroyed Tiger's swing. And now, I don't agree with his principles.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Q: There's a quote in Tom Callahan's book saying he wouldn't have been surprised if you had gone into the military, followed your dad. Where do you think he got that?

TIGER WOODS: Well, I've always wanted to become a Seal. That's something that I told my dad from the very get-go, either I'm going to become a professional golfer or I'm going to go become a Navy Seal. A lot of my friends are spec ops operators, and that's not new. A lot of people know that.

Tiger with a one-over par opening round, 7 behind the probable first-round leader Davis Love III. Rory McIlroy shot 4 under. Tiger very solid from tee to green. 34 putts. He made just one putt over ten feet on the day.

There were a lot of low rounds out there this morning and Tiger kinda got one with a 68. Birdies on the last two holes means he will be go for the weekend. He is gonna be a bunch of strokes behind a bunch of good golfers. Brian Harman shattered the course record by 3 strokes with a 61. Every week seems like another young gun shows up out on the tour these days.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    There were a lot of low rounds out there this morning and Tiger kinda got one with a 68. Birdies on the last two holes means he will be go for the weekend. He is gonna be a bunch of strokes behind a bunch of good golfers. Brian Harman shattered the course record by 3 strokes with a 61. Every week seems like another young gun shows up out on the tour these days.
    Didn't see his round but looks like he had a double on a Par 3. Any idea what happened there? Looks like that kept him from having a really solid round.

The idea of only having to hit a golf ball 61 times in 18 holes boggles my mind.

Tiger shoots a one-under 69 in round three. Not many red scores today. Woods at -2, currently 7 shots back of the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Tiger shoots a one-under 69 in round three. Not many red scores today. Woods at -2, currently 7 shots back of the leader.
    I think he'll creep, no pun intended, into the top 10 tomorrow.

That course is tough. There's not much room for error off the tee or into the greens. And, if the wind blows, it's really, really difficult. Ironically, I hit my first collegiate and first professional shot off #1 on that course. I'm still baffled by the odds of that happening, especially having gone to Miami U., but it did. Another note, I think I averaged about 5.5 on the par 3 15th hole. Some of my balls still may be in that pond next to the green.

I hope McIlroy wins and attains the #1 spot in the world. He is the best player in the world right now and it'd be nice to officially start the McIlroy #1 era.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

You were a little off on your prediction Redhook. He didn't creep, he stormed not just into the top 10, but to 2nd. Big round for Tiger.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Absolutely brilliant up and down by Rory at #14, just genius. I don't think many players would step up like that in that situation. That's why Rory is different.

Another great up and down on 15 out of the sand. He's made about 5 par putts today in the 8-12 feet range and hasn't missed any. Doesn't seem like the pressure affects him much any more.

McIlroy has a Tiger on his tail. Woods goes 8 under on the day. Westwood wakes up as well with a 63. McIlroy is two shots clear with three to go. Nice.

Rory putting on a "how to win on the back 9 with a lead on Sunday" clinic. Few guys can get up and down with a lead like this on Sunday. That's how you can tell the real winners from the occasional ones, or those who will never win. Rory showing he's got what it takes to win a lot on the PGA Tour.

Turn Off Ads?