Turn Off Ads?

Thread: O's get Mark Reynolds

O's get Mark Reynolds

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5891074

The Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a deal to obtain slugging third baseman Mark Reynolds from the Arizona Diamondbacks in return for minor league prospects, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.
    Per Olney: Prospects are David Hernandez and Kam Mickolio
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 12-06-2010 at 12:18 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: O's get Mark Reynolds

That dude will hit between 40-50 HRs in Camden Yards. Nice get for the O's who could use some power in their lineup.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    That dude will hit between 40-50 HRs in Camden Yards. Nice get for the O's who could use some power in their lineup.
    And strikeout about 200 times while doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Wouldn't have minded seeing him in LF for us. Probably will be a solid pickup for the O's, 30+ HR hitters don't grow on trees, regardless of the 200 k's.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I actually predict that Reynolds starts to fade with the power #s while continuing the high strike out rate and is out of the league soon. Arizona could protect a hitter like Reynolds, he's not going to get a lot to hit in Baltimore's lineup.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

contact-to-damage ratio? I think we might be present at the birth of yet another that long ball fans will love.

Warts and all, I find it almost ridiculous that the Orioles got Reynolds for such a small price.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Warts and all, I find it almost ridiculous that the Orioles got Reynolds for such a small price.
    No doubt about it. His only wart is a lack of contact and though it is a huge wart his defense and base running/base stealing is pretty doggone good to go along with the power. I even seen someone suggest yesterday (think it was Olney or Law) that he could play SS fairly decent. I wonder if the O's are thinking along those lines in the short term.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?