Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Breweres acquire Shawn Marcum

Breweres acquire Shawn Marcum

According to MLBTraderumors.com Brewers have acquired Shawn Marcum they traded Bret Lawrie A super good prospect and another Canadian kid.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brewers acquire Shawn Marcum

Sorry for the spelling guys. Trying to type way beyond my speed skills.

Re: Breweres acquire Shawn Marcum

Excellent deal for the Brewers. If Gallardo can turn it around they'll be good this year. They still need a lot of bullpen help though.

Why in the heck did Toronto deal him? There has to be something more in the works, because it makes no sense.

The Brewers did give up their best prospect, but I really hope the Jays did not just trade one of their best pitchers because they got a Canadian in return. If that is the case, the Reds can trade Votto for their entire system plus future considerations.

Brett Lawrie has some upside and all, but for a 3.64 ERA pitcher with a 1.149 WHIP in the AL? He had a year prior to injury pretty similar, so no reason he should no continue to do that and for cheap. Well, unless the Jays think "screw 2011 and 2012."

There has to be more to this, or the Jays are smoking some really strong stuff up North. Lawrie is not worth a mid 3 ERA, strong WHIP pitcher with a small salary for 2 years. Prospects are nice and all, but you don't trade away a proven good pitcher with a small salary for a AA player.

If I was a Jays fan, I would stop being a Jays fan.
    Last edited by scott91575; 12-06-2010 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Why in the heck did Toronto deal him? There has to be something more in the works, because it makes no sense.

The Brewers did give up their best prospect, but I really hope the Jays did not just trade one of their best pitchers because they got a Canadian in return. If that is the case, the Reds can trade Votto for their entire system plus future considerations.

Brett Lawrie has some upside and all, but for a 3.64 ERA pitcher with a 1.149 WHIP in the AL? He had a year prior to injury pretty similar, so no reason he should no continue to do that and for cheap. Well, unless the Jays think "screw 2011 and 2012."

There has to be more to this, or the Jays are smoking some really strong stuff up North. Lawrie is not worth a mid 3 ERA, strong WHIP pitcher with a small salary for 2 years. Prospects are nice and all, but you don't trade away a proven good pitcher with a small salary for a AA player.

If I was a Jays fan, I would stop being a Jays fan.
    they are after Greinke. refer to the Greinke thread, last page.

Quote Originally Posted by urdun View Post
    they are after Greinke. refer to the Greinke thread, last page.
    I heard that too, but certainly a round about way of doing it. No reason to complete a trade like this in hopes of another one. Make it a 3 team deal. If they don't get Grienke, just a terrible trade.

This Marcum trade has undoubtedly swung the pendulum of Power in the NL Central Race...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    This Marcum trade has undoubtedly swung the pendulum of Power in the NL Central Race...
    Marcum is good, but he isn't going to give the Brewers the 13 wins over what they had last year that they need to make the playoffs. I still don't think they're the favorite in the NL Central.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Am I crazy? I think the Brewers lost big here.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

MLB Network guys (Rosenthal) discussing rumor of Fielder to the Dodgers for Loney and Broxton.

This seems like the type of trade that Walt should have been after instead of chasing Greinke. I'm not convinced that Greinke in 2011 is that much better than Marcum in 2011. And Marcum is a lot cheaper.

From what I understand, Lawrie is maybe a tick above Yonder as far as value, but isnt nearly as close to the majors as Yonder. He likely projects as a corner OF although he can also play 2B. Seems like we could have put together a package for Marcum pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf371 View Post
    Marcum is good, but he isn't going to give the Brewers the 13 wins over what they had last year that they need to make the playoffs. I still don't think they're the favorite in the NL Central.
    That... was Sar-Casm Sir...

Turn Off Ads?