Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Scoring horror stories

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Scoring horror stories

So last night I'm playing the team 1 game in front of me in my division. We've both clinched the playoffs, and are battling for the #1 seed (which is huge because there is a huge drop-off between the other division winner and the #4 seed).

Last night I have Ray Rice and he has Timmons. (We play IDP.) ESPN live scoring shows us tied headed into the last 3 minutes. Rice makes a catch and I go up by 1.5 points. Game over.

This morning I wake up and browse our league. I guess there was some type of scoring correction for some of our players (which happens in IDP leagues sometimes). I ended up losing by .5. A half of a stinking point!!

This is the second time in my fantasy football life when I've went to bed thinking that I won the game, only to find out differently in the morning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scoring horror stories

Ouch. That's rough.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Last year in the RedsZone fantasy league, it was me and Johnny Footstool in the championship game. I had an 8 point lead going into the Sunday (or Monday) night game and there's real time scoring in the league. Anyway, after the game was over we were tied and I held the tiebreaker. So I thought I won the championship. Even Johnny thought I won and posted congratulations. Next day one of his players was credited with a tackle giving him 1 extra point and the championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Happened to me last year when Jared Allen had his 5 or 6 sack game against the Packers on Monday Night Football last year. Lost by .26 Allen had like 18 points or something.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

The story continues....this morning I wake up and check the updated standings. The score was updated again, and I ended up winning by 1 point! Woot!

Turn Off Ads?