Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IU Football Coaching Search

Re: IU Football Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I always figured the problem was there weren't many decent football players in Indiana. Have they missed out on in state talent recently?
    Part of the problem has been the facilities and they just went through a major upgrade.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's not really all that tough nowadays. In fact as bad as IU was this year they were only one win short. They can use the UK formula and that is to schedule 4 patsy non conference teams and then figure out a way to pick off two wins in conference

Wrong. UK schedules UL and 3 other patsies, just like the rest of the SEC. (one tough game / 3 games that should be Ws)

It isn't UK's fault that UL went in the gutter under Kragthorpe. It's looking like Strong will make them competitive again, however. They were a perennial top 15 team... They're on UK's schedule whether they're great or horrible. UK has enough to worry about in the SEC without beefing up their schedule any more just because UL has been awful.
    Last edited by WMR; 12-07-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Wrong. UK schedules UL and 3 other patsies, just like the rest of the SEC. (one tough game / 3 games that should be Ws)

It isn't UK's fault that UL went in the gutter under Kragthorpe. It's looking like Strong will make them competitive again, however. They were a perennial top 15 team... They're on UK's schedule whether they're great or horrible. UK has enough to worry about in the SEC without beefing up their schedule any more just because UL has been awful.
    I wish IU would play UK every year like they used to, always a fun game and there is a natural rivalry.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I wish IU would play UK every year like they used to, always a fun game and there is a natural rivalry.
    UK took us off the schedule, apparently we were hurting their BCS chances.

Actually it was probably true, we were too good to be a patsy they knew they'd beat, but not good enough that they'd actually get credit for beating us.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I went to a couple of those IU/UK games back in the day... I was at one where Randle-El absolutely killed us.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

A familiar name could be returning to the Indiana football program.

Doug Mallory and Mike Ekeler will be named the Hoosiers’ co-defensive coordinators, Rivals.com reports.

Mallory is the son of former IU coach Bill Mallory. Doug Mallory is the defensive coordinator at New Mexico.

Ekeler is the linebackers coach at Nebraska. He has been with the Cornhuskers since 2008. Ekeler was a graduate assistant at Oklahoma in 2003-4. He also spent time at LSU.
    http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...06/1008/SPORTS

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=11844

Mark Hagen to come "home" coach D-line at IU. I wasn't crazy about the two defensive coordinators hired, but I love this hire. First it brings a Hoosier back from Purdue, and 2nd, the guy is just a beast of a recruiter. He's been part of the recruiting for Ryan Kerrigan, Anthony Spencer and Curtis Painter among others.

If his recruiting connections in NW Indiana and Chicago pay off, the Hoosiers have themselves a keeper.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

FootballScoop has confirmed that Boise State wide receivers coach / assistant head coach Brent Pease has accepted the offensive coordinator position at Indiana.
    http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

I saw he had come to campus the other day. Good news all around.

I do hope they keep Billy Lynch on staff, assuming of course that he can get over the canning of his dad.

Turn Off Ads?