Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Redsfest follow up

Redsfest follow up

So, how was it? I have only read 3 posts so far saying lines were crazy and they didn't stay long. How was it for others who went? Any stories, cool experiences to pass along?
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redsfest follow up

I worked the Lost Kids Booth all weekend, so my sons got to enter the area before the main doors opened. On Friday, one of the Harlem Globetrotters engaged my 13-year-old in a game of HORSE. He took my boy to task H-O-R-S-E to nothing, and then asked my son to play another game. This one was a little closer: H-O-R-S-E to H-O-R-S. Not really Reds-related, but still a cool experience for my son.

I believe Redsfest set a new attendance record, even with Saturday's snow, so that is why the lines were so long. That is also why we helped with about two dozen lost child/parent cases.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

www.OnCampusSports.com -- college sports covered by college students

My friend went and had a good time. He got alot of autographs. He said it's basically like Kings Island but instead of waiting an hour in line to ride the Diamondback you get to get Chris Heiseys autograph instead. I'd like to check it out next year.

I went on Saturday and enjoyed it. I'm not an autograph person, so the lines didn't bother me. Could have done without the Bronson Arroyo concert. I would rather see him pitch than sing. But I understand that some do. I liked the stuff on the main stage (Hot Stove League Report, etc.) the most and that's the primary I go.

If your an autograph person and you don't like waiting in lines - it's probably not your thing. Otherwise I love it - I am going back when I get the opportunity to do so.

I took down my 10 and 6 year old boys, so we spent most of our time in the activities areas. They had a really good time. Unfortunately my yougest didn't want to wait in line for the autographs, so my older boy kind of missed out on that. We did get a couple of pictures: my oldest with Messorosco, and both of us with Hisey / Onsdrusuk.
    Sto Pro Veritate

I hope to make it up from NC once year, its always on/near my anniversary, maybe wife will want a trip to CIncy next year for our 5'th
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Any giveaways this year, dvd's, etc?

Turn Off Ads?