Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Reds team is 2 moves from winning a WS

Re: This Reds team is 2 moves from winning a WS

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Ditto...

Try explaining that to BRM7675
    you don't have to have a pitcher to match them. If your overall pitching staff is strong, not having an 'ACE" is not something that will keep you out of the WS. How did not having an ACE keep us from winning vs. philly? We were shut out in game one and basically game 3, so that left game 2. Our pitching was good enough to limit the might Philly offense to managabile runs, yet our offense did nothing. Put a might bat in there in LF and the playoffs are a different result.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How did the ACE's of Philly do this post season? The Phils went out, spent all that money to have not 1 not 2 but basically 3 aces and how did that WS parade go in Philly? The Rangers traded for an ACE and how did he do in the WS? It was the depth of the Giants pitching staff that brought them a WS. Give me depth over 1 "ACE" any day.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    How did the ACE's of Philly do this post season? The Phils went out, spent all that money to have not 1 not 2 but basically 3 aces and how did that WS parade go in Philly? The Rangers traded for an ACE and how did he do in the WS? It was the depth of the Giants pitching staff that brought them a WS. Give me depth over 1 "ACE" any day.
    They got beat by Tim Lincecum, a little known pitcher from out West, Matt Cain, a journey man, and Madison Bumgartner, a career minor leaguer until now...

You're right!

you don't have to have a pitcher to match them. If your overall pitching staff is strong, not having an 'ACE" is not something that will keep you out of the WS. How did not having an ACE keep us from winning vs. philly? We were shut out in game one and basically game 3, so that left game 2. Our pitching was good enough to limit the might Philly offense to managabile runs, yet our offense did nothing. Put a might bat in there in LF and the playoffs are a different result.
    Agreed. Add in the fact that Rolen did not look to be himself, providing no backing for Votto. In the Division series, I believe only 2 Reds players had more than one hit for the entire 3 games. I'd have liked Reds chances with another bat.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Agreed. Add in the fact that Rolen did not look to be himself, providing no backing for Votto. In the Division series, I believe only 2 Reds players had more than one hit for the entire 3 games. I'd have liked Reds chances with another bat.
    Yeah, maybe that one more bat would have gotten one more hit, while we were being shutout and made the stats look better with 2 or 3 hits total for the game.

They got beat by Tim Lincecum, a little known pitcher from out West, Matt Cain, a journey man, and Madison Bumgartner, a career minor leaguer until now...

You're right!
    So those teams got beat by a team with 3 aces. Therefore, it looks like the Reds need 4.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    So those teams got beat by a team with 3 aces. Therefore, it looks like the Reds need 4.
    You may need some medication~

It means the Reds need another Pitcher that can Shut Down the opposition.

Felix Hernadez
    Zach Greinke

only one of these guys will ever be available...

Reds need to pull the trigger on Greinke...

And for those people who say he isn't worth his price tag or his emotional issues are a worry...

You have the Rangers, Blue Jays, Anaheim Angels, Florida Marlins, Washington Nationals (ok, they may be on helium since they gave Werth that contract), Milwaukee Brewers, Seattle Mariners all looking into dealing for Greinke...

Seems to me a lot of teams are lining up for "damaged" goods...

This is the guy to go get Walt...

Just gave Arroyo 35 Million and Bruce 51 Million+

Please pull the trigger on this ACE... This dude had an ERA of 2.16 in the AMERICAN LEAGUE 2 years ago... Thats AMAZING!

Baseball Think Factory has is 2011 Stats Projected at:

Zack Greinke R 27 3.28 16 8 33 33 222.0 206 81 17 52 211 129

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/...s_city_royals/

That is worth the 13.5 Million in Salary right there and that would be based on being in the American League... Which I believe his stats would be better pitching in the National League... If you proroject him in the NL in 2011, you get these Statistics...

Zack Greinke R 27 3.00 19 10 34 34 228.0 191 76 21 43 229 136

Come on Reds!
    Last edited by Hondo; 12-10-2010 at 03:57 AM.

So you were placing all your hope on game 2? In the first playoff round, pitchers that have the ability to shut down other teams in two of the five games gives those teams the best chance to win the series. It is essential in a 5 game series to have front of the line rotation.

You may need some medication
    Well, I was just kidding. I pulled a Vottomatic.
    Last edited by scott91575; 12-10-2010 at 04:44 AM.

You may need some medication~

It means the Reds need another Pitcher that can Shut Down the opposition.

Felix Hernadez
    Zach Greinke

only one of these guys will ever be available...

Reds need to pull the trigger on Greinke...

And for those people who say he isn't worth his price tag or his emotional issues are a worry...

You have the Rangers, Blue Jays, Anaheim Angels, Florida Marlins, Washington Nationals (ok, they may be on helium since they gave Werth that contract), Milwaukee Brewers, Seattle Mariners all looking into dealing for Greinke...

Seems to me a lot of teams are lining up for "damaged" goods...

This is the guy to go get Walt...

Just gave Arroyo 35 Million and Bruce 51 Million+

Please pull the trigger on this ACE... This dude had an ERA of 2.16 in the AMERICAN LEAGUE 2 years ago... Thats AMAZING!

Baseball Think Factory has is 2011 Stats Projected at:

Zack Greinke R 27 3.28 16 8 33 33 222.0 206 81 17 52 211 129

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/...s_city_royals/

That is worth the 13.5 Million in Salary right there and that would be based on being in the American League... Which I believe his stats would be better pitching in the National League... If you proroject him in the NL in 2011, you get these Statistics...

Zack Greinke R 27 3.00 19 10 34 34 228.0 191 76 21 43 229 136

Come on Reds!
    just say NO to the Greinke...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    So you were placing all your hope on game 2? In the first playoff round, pitchers that have the ability to shut down other teams in two of the five games gives those teams the best chance to win the series. It is essential in a 5 game series to have front of the line rotation.
    We should have won game 2. Our pitching didn't cost us games 1 and 3, our lack of offense did. Outside of pitching a perfect game, having an 'ace" wouldn't have changed the outcome of game one given our offense. In game 3 had we produced offensivily we don't lose that game and there we are up 2-1 in the series. Again we lost do to our lack of hitting, not our lack of quality pitching.

We should have won game 2. Our pitching didn't cost us games 1 and 3, our lack of offense did. Outside of pitching a perfect game, having an 'ace" wouldn't have changed the outcome of game one given our offense. In game 3 had we produced offensivily we don't lose that game and there we are up 2-1 in the series. Again we lost do to our lack of hitting, not our lack of quality pitching.
    Is it our lack of hitting, or their ace that kept us from hitting? Kind of a which came first riddle...
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

ED#44

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Well, I was just kidding. I pulled a Vottomatic.

That's not Vottomatic, his real name is chatter!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    If you think I am putting ALL Hope in Game 2, then I want to end this Debate.

Ever heard of Momentum...

The Phillies had the Reds on their heels after the first 4 Innings of Game 1 through the entire series...

Also: Philidelphia Phillies looking at Zach Greinke...

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/f.../20101210#7961

I wonder why the Phillies are not going to just say NO to Greinke?

If you think I am putting ALL Hope in Game 2, then I want to end this Debate.

Ever heard of Momentum...

The Phillies had the Reds on their heels after the first 4 Innings of Game 1 through the entire series...

Also: Philidelphia Phillies looking at Zach Greinke...

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/f.../20101210#7961

I wonder why the Phillies are not going to just say NO to Greinke?
    Where did all that pitching get them last year? Their overall record wasn't that much better then the Reds....

Turn Off Ads?