Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This Reds team is 2 moves from winning a WS

Re: This Reds team is 2 moves from winning a WS

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    But they are going to do what they always do. Sit on their thunmbs and let their young talents value go down the drain. I dont get it. Make a move Walt get us to a WS. Sure this team is good but they are not great. Get us at least a LF because Gomes isnt the answer there my friend. Get off your thumbs and do your job.

We play 3 more games than the Pirates last year.
    We played in the weakest division in baseball.
    Our best pitcher is a set-up guy who we still don't know if he can be a starting pitcher.
    No definitive lead-off hitter.
    Closer is shaky.

There are simply too many question marks on this team to say it's a WS contender.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    just say NO to the Greinke...
    Agreed. Greinke's anxiety questions really scare me if i was trading some top prospects for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    We play 3 more games than the Pirates last year.
    We played in the weakest division in baseball.
    Our best pitcher is a set-up guy who we still don't know if he can be a starting pitcher.
    No definitive lead-off hitter.
    Closer is shaky.

There are simply too many question marks on this team to say it's a WS contender.
    We won the division, the Pirates finished last
    Our best pitcher is Johnny Cueto, followed by Bronson, with Leake and Wood right on their tail, please wake up.
    When have we had a definitive lead off hitter? what is wrong with Brandon?
    How is the closer shaky?

What team were you watching last season?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    We won the division, the Pirates finished last
    Our best pitcher is Johnny Cueto, followed by Bronson, with Leake and Wood right on their tail, please wake up.
    When have we had a definitive lead off hitter? what is wrong with Brandon?
    How is the closer shaky?

What team were you watching last season?
    I agree with you on Everything but...

Cordero as Closer is Shaky. That is in the stats.

Where did all that pitching get them last year? Their overall record wasn't that much better then the Reds....
    Well it did get them in to the LCS. I guess that's nothing though. The NL east is also a tough division to go through considering that the Braves were the wild card team from the NL this year.

Hondo, I might be out of line here but Ryan Franklin might be a more stable closer than Cordero right now.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 12-11-2010 at 06:00 AM.

Turn Off Ads?