Jocketty on #reds: "We've had zero conversations with agents or clubs today."
I mean, I'm not asking for a seven-player trade each day of the meetings, but this is borderline ridiculous. I think I have done more to try to improve the Reds team today than the Reds have. That is sad, especially on what is supposed to be the busiest week of the offseason.
Have patience. It's only one day. Etc. Etc.
I just wanted to throw this out there for cathartic reasons. In lieu of complaining, I'll suggest three very doable deals (based off of media reports) that the Reds SHOULD be talking about:
1. Trade Francisco Cordero and (insert your least favorite SP here) to the Mets for Jose Reyes.
2. Trade Yonder Alonso, Chris Heisey and Ramon Hernandez to the Dodgers for Matt Kemp.
3. Trade Yonder Alonso and Chris Heisey to the D-Rays for BJ Upton.
1. Mets are shopping Reyes and need starting and relief pitching help.
2. Dodgers may be shedding salary with the lawsuit settlement and Kemp has fallen out of favor. Loney is on the block, Martin is out of town, and they'd need a replacement for Kemp.
3. The D-Rays have a need to get cheaper and a gaping hole at 1B.
Reyes and/or Upton could lead off. Upton and/or Kemp would both be great defensive LF. Kemp would bring speed AND power to the lineup. Thoughts?