Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 - 11 Winter League thread

2010 - 11 Winter League thread

It's only a little over two weeks until the Venezuelan Winter League start (Oct 12th) and about half of the teams have updated their websites with current rosters. Here are the Reds players I found by team, from the teams that have updated their rosters (keep in mind that more may be added later):

Navegantes del Magallanes:
    Douglas Salinas
    Yorman Rodríguez

Caribes de Anzoategui:
    Aguido González
    Carlos Méndez

Tigres de Aragua:
    Delgado Jesús

Aguilas de Zulia:
    Henry Rodríguez

Leones del Caracas (incomplete):
    Chad Reineke
    Wladimir Balentien

The Leones del Caracas have not updated their roster, but on their website, their is an article stating that Chad Reineke and Wladimir Balentien will play for them, so I listed them. Four of the teams, including the Leones, have not updated their rosters yet, so there likely are more reds players in the VWL. I will update this list as those rosters, and the rosters for other winter league, are relieved.
    Last edited by batsfan; 09-25-2010 at 05:09 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2010 - 11 Winter League thread

I believe Efrain Contreras was released by the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I believe Efrain Contreras was released by the Reds.
    Good point, I removed him from the list.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    It's only a little over two weeks until the Venezuelan Winter League start (Oct 12th) and about half of the teams have updated their websites with current rosters. Here are the Reds players I found by team, from the teams that have updated their rosters (keep in mind that more may be added later):

Navegantes del Magallanes:
    Douglas Salinas
    Yorman Rodríguez

Caribes de Anzoategui:
    Aguido González
    Carlos Méndez

Tigres de Aragua:
    Delgado Jesús

Aguilas de Zulia:
    Henry Rodríguez

Leones del Caracas (incomplete):
    Chad Reineke
    Wladimir Balentien

The Leones del Caracas have not updated their roster, but on their website, their is an article stating that Chad Reineke and Wladimir Balentien will play for them, so I listed them. Four of the teams, including the Leones, have not updated their rosters yet, so there likely are more reds players in the VWL. I will update this list as those rosters, and the rosters for other winter league, are relieved.
    Wladimir Balentien will not play. Ben Jukich is also on the roster for the Leone del Caracas.

Quote Originally Posted by roborobj View Post
    Wladimir Balentien will not play. Ben Jukich is also on the roster for the Leone del Caracas.
    I see this now, it says because of "heath problems". I hope he is okay...

So far, the stand out is Henry Rodriguez. He's 10 for 23 with 3 doubles.

Several pitchers are having bad starts. Klinker has pitched 1.2 innings and has a scary ERA of 21.60. Needless to say, he was very hittable. Whatever he had in 2009 looks to be long gone.

Francisco got his first HR in the Dominican tonight. His average is down but he has a 5 game hitting streak.

Henry Rodriguez is still hitting well. Felix Perez is too.

Cisco went 3 for 5 with a double tonight

So, I just found out that there are some Reds prospects playing in the new Australian () Baseball League this winter:

Didi Gregorius and Donald Lutz are playing with the Canberra Cavalry, and Nathan Driessen with the Perth Heat.

I have heard absolutely nothing about this league, but it is apparently a very legitimate Winter League with plenty of players from minor league teams, and Japanese and Korean leagues.

Tonight Cisco went 3 for 4 with 3 doubles.
    His avg is up to .295

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Tonight Cisco went 3 for 4 with 3 doubles.
    His avg is up to .295
    So is his OBP....

Hopefully him hitting will lead to him being more patient.

Also in the Australian Fall League is Tom Fiebig, an Australian pitcher the Reds signed and later released a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So is his OBP....

Hopefully him hitting will lead to him being more patient.
    I wonder if the whole "you can't walk off the island" mentality extends to winter league. That is to ask, are Juan's aggressive tendencies being reinforce.

It seems like it might be like Homer not really developing until he started facing hitters who could tee off on his fastball.

Fransisco needs to face pitchers who will make him pay for expanding his zone so much.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I wonder if the whole "you can't walk off the island" mentality extends to winter league. That is to ask, are Juan's aggressive tendencies being reinforce.

It seems like it might be like Homer not really developing until he started facing hitters who could tee off on his fastball.

Fransisco needs to face pitchers who will make him pay for expanding his zone so much.
    I don't really know if that is true. In 2009 he had 7 walks in 194 PA's. Not really outside of his US rate. In 2008 he had 12 walks in 179 PA's.

While I do agree with you as to what could turn him around, I don't think the 'be very aggressive and hit the ball ideology is being fed to him.

It would be like telling a fish to swim.

Turn Off Ads?