Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals send Brendan Ryan to Seattle for minor leaguer

Cardinals send Brendan Ryan to Seattle for minor leaguer

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cardinals send Brendan Ryan to Seattle for minor leaguer

They already have Josh & Jack Wilson at SS

Yeah, Go Cardinals! Continue trading away your decent young players for a pitcher who's getting shelled in A ball already. Rest of the Central is loving it.

This just made more room for Colby to sprawl out by himself in the LaRussa doghouse.

Fox, the pitcher they got can hit 100 mph on a regular basis. The Cards farm system lacks powerful arms. The guy is still 21 so there is still a lot of upside to him. Besides, with the help of Dave Duncan, lets see what this guy can bring to the table.

Ryan had to go in my opinion. The coaching staff and players were getting tired of his antics.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Fox, the pitcher they got can hit 100 mph on a regular basis. The Cards farm system lacks powerful arms. The guy is still 21 so there is still a lot of upside to him. Besides, with the help of Dave Duncan, lets see what this guy can bring to the table.

Ryan had to go in my opinion. The coaching staff and players were getting tired of his antics.
    Too bad that eliminates your whole "Theriot brings depth" argument from the other threads. No offense, but you are the ultimate Cardinals homer. Of course I don't need this to prove my point. I will hammer you non stop on the belief that Feliz was a good trade. I could play about as well as Feliz.

The Cards could sign the bones of Babe Ruth, play them in RF, and you would think it was a good idea.

Tell me again how you think that Albert might upset Votto for the MVP.

edit: IIRC, you wanted Schumaker gone, not Ryan. Yet now you are happy with Ryan being gone. Help me out here. I will admit you thought Ryan would be dealt (props there, yet that is not what you wanted, and now suddenly you are happy with it). Yet many of your arguments in the past were not involving him being dealt. Now you are on board with him being dealt for a guy that, unless a huge jump, will in no way help the Cards this year. I will hang up and listen (because this will be classic and it will only add you your Feliz beliefs).
    Last edited by scott91575; 12-13-2010 at 07:02 AM.

*grabs popcorn*

Carp will have to find a new whipping boy.......

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

How is Carpenter going to explain this move to his son?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    *grabs popcorn*
    Step right up and get your tickets for the main event......

MR. FANTASYLAND VS. MR. CARDS HOMER

I hope they sell nachos too. :

LOL - Me too, me too...

Scott, I'm not going to engage in this Jerry Springeresque argument with you. For some reason you have been on my case since I got here. There is no point debating you. Now, if you can engage me in a more cordial way, I'll answer your questions. However if you are are going to be an arrogant prick about it (like you have in many threads), than I'm not going to bite.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 12-13-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Scott, I'm not going to engage in this Jerry Springeresque argument with you. For some reason you have been on my case since I got here. There is no point debating you. Now, if you can engage me in a more cordial way, I'll answer your questions. However if you are are going to be an arrogant prick about it (like you have in many threads), than I'm not going to bite.

Have a nice day.
    We may have a knockout.

The Cards farm system lacks EVERYTHING. They traded what they had for Holliday, remember? They traded a major leaguer for a guy who's getting shellacked in single A.... Doesn't matter if he can throw 100mph if he can't aim it. Dumb, dumb move.

Besides, who's to say Duncan will still be there when this kid ever makes it up to the majors? Oh, wait. Maybe they can toss him on ADHD drugs like they did Weaver, that'll straighten him out. *eyeroll*

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    The Cards farm system lacks EVERYTHING. They traded what they had for Holliday, remember? They traded a major leaguer for a guy who's getting shellacked in single A.... Doesn't matter if he can throw 100mph if he can't aim it. Dumb, dumb move.

Besides, who's to say Duncan will still be there when this kid ever makes it up to the majors? Oh, wait. Maybe they can toss him on ADHD drugs like they did Weaver, that'll straighten him out. *eyeroll*
    Fox, I'm more luke warm about the trade. Obviously the Cardinals have a scouting department so they are seeing more than what we are seeing. The Mariners may have used him wrong. We don't know. From different sources I have read, the Cardinals project him more as a closer/bullpen guy rather than a starter like the Mariners were projecting him. I'm not going to call it a good or bad trade simply because its too early to tell if this pitcher will amount to anything. Just for the fact that it is adding talent to a depleted farm system is reason enough for me not to dislike the trade.

This trade might also signify how much worth other clubs feel towards Brendan Ryan. The Cardinals organization was continually fielding offers from other teams and maybe this is the best offer they received. Again, we aren't in the front office so we don't know.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 12-13-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Turn Off Ads?