Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Silver Lining of Lee Signing

The Silver Lining of Lee Signing

Ok, so the Phillies have a dominant rotation and that's bad. Of course, when they pitched a perfect game against us last year, it's not like they needed to improve a lot in that area. That said, two teams can come away relatively OK with this... the Royals and the Reds.

The Royals are obvious... Greinke's asking price just climbed even higher.

The Reds: We are arguably the only team with tradeable ML level pitching depth and there are now two teams in the AL that were planning on having one more SP. Assume one gets Greinke... the other will have 20 mill a year buring in their pocket. I think we can trade a starter plus Cordero in a salary dump and get a pretty nice return, though it might take a third team involved to match up the needs and wants. I think that maybe this is exactly the type of market-shifting tumult that IWWT (In Walt We Trust) was sitting on his hands waiting for.

So I ask you... WW(W)JD?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Silver Lining of Lee Signing

So what are the possibilities?

The Yanks are in need of a starter. Could we get Gardner and prospects?

Texas needs one now. Could we get Cruz?

Boston has a surplus of outfielders, is Ellsbury available?

Great post, Brisco. The Reds don't HAVE to trade a pitcher, but they can if the opportunity is there.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Of course, when they pitched a perfect game against us last year
    That day was bad enough, we dont need to make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    So what are the possibilities?

The Yanks are in need of a starter. Could we get Gardner and prospects?

Texas needs one now. Could we get Cruz?

Boston has a surplus of outfielders, is Ellsbury available?
    My thoughts went right to Cruz... but he has no speed, and then I thought of adding in Andrus... but then i realized I was in fantasy land. Both these guys are cheap and that's why the Rangers can afford a Lee. The problem is the Rangers raided the cubbard to get Lee in the first place. Assuming the Yanks get Grienke, I think you are correct in jumping to the Sox as our next best trading partner.

Wow that Phillies starting pitching is crazy good now.

The Red Sox seem to be a really good trading partner to me. They seem to need that other arm, and thanks to Crawford they now have one expendable outfielder of their choosing.

Turn Off Ads?